This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hermann Szobel's 2nd?

Discussion in 'Laser's Edge' started by Progg, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Progg

Progg Member

Ken (or anyone else),

On the Net, I've read that his second had been started before he removed himself from the scene. Is there any firm knowledge about how much had been composed and recorded? Is there any information or indication whatsoever that whatever had been completed will be released?

From Ken's (?) review of Hermann Szobel's first album, Szobel:
    https://www.lasercd.com/cd/szobel

2. lasercd

lasercd Man Behind The Curtain

There were demos for the 2nd album floating around the Internet. Maybe you can track them down.

3. Progg

Progg Member

Thank you.

4. lasercd

Bob Goldman, the drummer for the first album, had the demos up on his Myspace page (remember Myspace?). Bob passed away. HIs Myspace page still exists, the tracks are listed but I can't get them to play. Perhaps its a browser issue. Maybe you will have better luck.

https://myspace.com/bobgoldman/music/songs

5. Progg

Progg Member

Trying different OSes and browsers, I wasn't able to get them to play either. I haven't been able to confirm this but I think the Lebolt and Lawton references in the first three songs are referring to the composer/producer and the guitarist (RIP) respectively.

I wonder if the Unreleased Szobel at Bob Goldman's site is the only music that was recorded for the 2nd album. At YouTube, entering the search terms "Hermann Szobel Unfinished Work", will point to a 19:45" (or so) piece. That time length almost matches the unplayable song at Goldman's site.

#5 Progg, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  6. lasercd

Lawton refers to April Lawton. Different project.

7. Progg

Progg Member

For what it's worth–if the only material available is that 19"+, if it were given the Katz treatment like the first, I'd buy it as an EP.

8. lasercd

Its impossible. Szobel is living as a homeless beggar in Israel with apparent mental health issues. He is far removed from the music industry. Enjoy what you got cuz that’s all you are getting.

9. Progg

Progg Member

I will continually enjoy it until I've reached my expiration date. Have done so since Laser's Edge released it on CD; thanks for that. You must've been psyched to be involved with the reissue.

Hermann Szobel, if a search brings you here–no matter what you've been through, there's always the masterpiece you created that was and still can be looked up to. Well done; thank you.