This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hey chris!

Discussion in 'Chris Broderick' started by englampfan08, Apr 30, 2012.

1. englampfan08

englampfan08 New Metal Member

Hey chris!
    Im brand new to this forum and i have a question that i forgot to ask when you did the clinic at the music zoo. What got you into playing the 7 string. And btw i was that tall kid in the front with the short hair

2. Mr.Sister

Mr.Sister Member

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/artist-reviews-interviews/6034-sevenstring-org-interview-chris-broderick-jag-panzer.html

If you're too lazy to read it all:
    sevenstring.org: Are there any other seven string guitar players out there that pique your interest?

Chris: I really had a great time playing with Jeff Loomis from Nevermore, he is an awesome player. I started playing 7's back in the early ninety's because Petrucci showed me that the 7Th string was sonically usable, and he of course is a great player as well.

sevenstring.org: What initially got you into sevens?

Chris: Dream Theater's Awake showed me that the 7Th string doesn't have to sound like a pile of mud. I had tried them before in a store and couldn't get any sound out of them I liked until I heard that CD.