This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hey ixrayu...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Rick Pierpont

Rick Pierpont Odin's Court Guitar

Thank *you* Jen! It is one hell of a team, but we wouldn't have a place to do this without you guys. You are more than welcome! It truly is my pleasure to be a part of this festival that was already a special part of my life.

2. J. Golden

J. Golden Heaven and Hell Records

I honestly can understand how the Evergrey thing could be "special" I just hoped for a bigger cherry on top like maybe Saxon:) In saying that I'm not taking anything away from Evergrey.
    Ideally yes it would be great to see new bands that we could not normally see any other time anywhere else. But I do understand why you have to do it the way you do it. And if money is ever an issue for getting different bands I'm more than willing to toss into a pot just can't see jumping on to sponsor a Kamalot. Get some talks going with Solitude Aeturnus, I might be willing to be the sole sponsor. I have a checkbook:lol:

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Only if you are not burned out on Evergrey. :erk:

Considering that there hasn't been much about the band to get excited about in recent years (Noting that I haven't heard the new album.), it is kinda hard for me to get up for this, special show or not.

4. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Don't even start with me. :lol: That's just rubbing it in. THE one band I HAVE to see someday. Regardless of my deep desire to see Saxon though, I must say I am stoked to see Evergrey as I have never had the fortune to see them live previously.

I wouldn't complain seeing them either though.

5. J. Golden

J. Golden Heaven and Hell Records

Saxon would be sweet. And if we can only convience others they would want to see Solitude Aeturnus. Glad you said something before people started saying how no one would want to see them.:lol:

6. omegalord8

omegalord8 Scream for me!

Solitude Aeturnus, Saxon, Candlemass, or..Black Country Communion???

Glen Hughes solo, Whitesnake with Glen Hughes, Blaze Bailey (Yes I said it! I like Wolfsbane, Maiden Blaze, and of course Silicon Messiah!!!!), Ripper Owens (yes another the JP Purist hate! I think both of these singers kept Maiden and Priest going in the late 90s when Rob and Bruce had no faith or interest.), the new Tony Martin Project with Andy Laroque, and what Urban Breed's projects?

Or About Brainstorm again?

7. zedowns

zedowns Member

and that's why they're doing In Search of Truth ;)

8. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

This is a very nice addendum to what I was trying to say as well. There are so many facets to the festival, whomever said it was a pilgrammage pretty much hit the nail on the head. Give me 2 or 3 bands in the lineup that I really want to see, and the rest is an easy sell, as a fan, at least for me (& I'm sure it was you, too). The band diversity should keep drawing in newcomers who hopefully will see just how much fun this long weekend can be, both musically, and socially. It's not worth bitching over. There's been "gold" in every lineup since the first one...

This ^^^ times a million.....It's an honor to be part of this, and you can count on my blood, sweat, and jogging pants until I drop dead...:Smokedev:

9. jaimek

jaimek incorrigible

I think I've always made a point of saying that even if I'm not interested in any of the bands playing on a given year, that's just me being a snob and no reflection on Glenn. If it weren't for the fact that there are so many places I want to go and different groups of people I want to see, I'd probably be at PP *regardless* of bands, but my travel budget is finite.

10. GoRillaBoy76

GoRillaBoy76 you can call me RRrrr!!

Have seen Saxon mentioned on here a good bit, I have to say they are one of the few remains white whales Glenn has yet to get to the fest

11. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

glen might have the EG set lists from previous fests but i remember one year them doing nearly the entire album. but again, i am old and memory could be failing me.

it's somewhat special i think. now Vanden Plas doing "The God Thing" in its entirely as well? total boner time.

glen make the VP thing happen!

12. TribunalRecords

i agree. they would bring the house down and we can demand they play Power & The Glory front to back, plus that is only 8 songs of the set! hahha.

13. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

Fuck yes!!!

14. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

Fuck yes...again!!!

15. Rick Pierpont

Rick Pierpont Odin's Court Guitar

Thanks! And I totally agree with you said here too. And yes, always some gold. And if people opened their minds and ears more, I'm sure they would enjoy much more of the show too.

OK, we can ALL do without the jogging pants! :lol:

16. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

As much as I love Saxon, I would be totally bummed if they did Power & The Glory or any of their albums front to back. Not that I wouldn't go, but if they play, they DEFINITELY need to do an eclectic set.

17. ixrayu

ixrayu Senior Member

Personally, I rather them do all of Christo. To me, Christo was a masterpiece. That would be Ultimate show for me.:headbang:

18. TribunalRecords

haha, to me that was their worst album. just goes to show the difference of taste amongst their fans.

19. TribunalRecords

that album is like 30 minutes and 8 songs. i am pretty sure the other 20 they would play would be more varied. ;)

20. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Personally, I don't care. I've only seen them once and I just want to see them again. That's why VP is far more exciting for me than Evergrey at this point. Not to mention that just about everything VP does is good.