Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by taylorshreds, Mar 18, 2011.
Keep em coming guys, I wanna hear some more!
Here is mine, kinda rough but fun to do. I don't know if the midi mapped right in SSD but whatever, it's all for fun.
Here you are Sir
- "MegaCrunch" version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/HolyWars/HolyWars_MegaCrunch_UnF_DR7.mp3 a low gain rendition of Megadeth's live sound (well at last what I've heard with my ears )
- "MetaCrunch" version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/HolyWars/HolyWars_MetaCrunch_UnF_DR7.mp3 same approach but this time inspired by Metallica's modern tone
- "Old Thrash" version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/HolyWars/HolyWars_Old_Thrash_DR6.mp3 An angry 90's thrash tone. It's hard to make the perfect tone I had in mind, but I like it. It's inspired by Metallica's old sound (1985-1990 demo tapes).
- "Old Thrash 2" version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/HolyWars/HolyWars_Old_Thrash2_DR6.mp3 Not my favorite, it's quite gnarly but too bright imo. I wanted to sound Megadeth-like but I think I did a caricature more than an imitation
- "Old Thrash 3" version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/HolyWars/HolyWars_Old_Thrash3_DR7.mp3 A mix between 1 & 2, with more 1 than 2 to create a balanced thrash tone, aggressive while being expressive in the mids.
Hope you like it! It was awesome to mix these tracks.
EDIT: Some of the tracks have no overheads, or some hits are missing... My fault, sorry, I was a bit tired yesterday evening when I mixed this! Damn.
Bodom sample? We need to talk
Here's my mix.
Drums: SD2 with TMF expansion
Guitars: TS-999 in front of X50
the sample is in this collection: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/529782-sharing-my-collection-drum-samples-here.html
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8290798/fucking holy wars.mp3
Rhythm guitars: OD808 > e530 > JSX poweramp > 1936 with k100s
Lead guitars: pre-500 Dual Recto > G-flex 2x12 with Texas Heats
Bass is split... lows are simply compressed at 21.5:1, highs are compressed then ran through the aforementioned rhythm guitar chain sans the 808.
Drums are Metal Machine with very little processing.
My mixed version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/314510/mixes/holy wars.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38187762/Holy wars Fabian.wav Boom
Only noticed this thread recently, thanks for sharing the DIs.
Cool cover mate
Here's my mix:
Let me know what you think
Necro bump for this awesome cover I discovered from the "Updated Multis to Mix" thread above.
Missed this the first time round.
Thanks so much to taylorshreds for uploading this.
I used Marshall 6100 head into recto cab boosted with MXR badass od left and TS808 right.
Great fun mixing this and if somebody could do (great) vocals, it would be amazing !
My quicky: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/929252/HolyWars.mp3
This was fun, thanks dude!
Great playing! Very nice DI tracks! Thanks for sharing!
Here´s my try
Guitars: My own JVM410 Profiles
Drums: SSD4 Terry Date Expansion
I did this once before, but wanted to re-do it and test out LPX and Drummer. Thanks for uploading this.
hi all! i realize i'm quite late to the party on this one... but could somebody please re-up this Holy Wars backing track(s)? i'd be most eternally grateful!
thanks a ton in advance!
I couldn't even download the files. I think your guitar sounds so thin. Did you highpass it? You need more bass and mids in the tone imo.
Link is broken, please fix!