This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Homophobia

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by monoxide_child, Mar 23, 2009.

1. HadesRagnazrath

HadesRagnazrath Active Member

Have you noticed how homosexuals tend to be more attracted to gender nonconformists? Gay men usually like effeminate guys, and lesbians like each other masculine, often bearing androgynous hairstyles. This is because the underlying attraction towards the opposite gender is still present, but something during childhood has inverted their conscious preferences.

I think there is a spiritual (ESP) element to sexuality too.

2. Peach99

Peach99 New Metal Member

I feel like it is more accepted for girls to have "gay" tendencies.
    I know a few girl friends who have kissed each other on the mouth a few times, and guys don't seem to have any problem with that at all.

Then again, most guys I know are generally polite and try to avoid hurting people's feelings, but I can tell even on them that they are more comfortable with girls kissing each other.

3. CiG

CiG Salute of the Jugger

What's more important is that sexuality tends to be more flexible among women, whereas men rarely experiment with homosexual acts. The "college lesbian phase" is a stereotype for good reason.

4. Peach99

Peach99 New Metal Member

I guess so.
    There have been a few moments when a girl friend and I have given each other a quick kiss, and then when we jokingly tell two guys who are with us (and who seemed to like watching us kiss) to do the same they will always refuse, haha.

5. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Member

my problem with homophobia is the Christians who say "Gay people are going to Hell"
    without religion, homophobia doesn't make sense
    if 2 guys/girls are noticeably a gay couple, or a single person is making it noticeable that they are gay, how the hell does it affect a straight person??
    it doesn't
    without the Father of Jesus telling you that being gay is wrong, then being gay is just a part of someone's personality, and definitely not something that should be problematic for straight people

HadesRagnazrath likes this.
  6. Zonfar

Zonfar Member

I don't care what you are, if you are playing tonsil hockey in a public place or around me, that is gross. I have a friend who does this with his new girlfriend when they come over. Wayyy too much public displays of affection (PDA) for my personal taste. Guess who doesn't come over to my place to hang out anymore! :p

7. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Member

yeah, i get you
    but it shouldn't be more gross if it's 2 guys or 2 girls

8. Zonfar

Zonfar Member

You're right. It shouldn't be more gross. Unfortunately, we've grown as a society to say that being gay is a bad thing (religious zealots have "helped" this stigma grow).

I don't care what gender you're are attracted to. I would just appreciate it if you didn't flail your sexuality about in public whether you're straight or gay.

A problem in my eyes from things such as gay parades is they run around flailing dildos around, and being overly sexually and gross. This does not help the cause because to anyone who is already "afraid" of any gay people running around acting like children and acting generally gross, it only instills that "they are right". I would love to see gay parades be shown and done in more respectful ways that aren't gross. Show that we are all just people that want love, and showing the overly public displays of affection is not required.

9. CiG

CiG Salute of the Jugger

If PDA bothers you this much the problem probably lies with you, not the PDA itself. I get it, people doing that shit right in front of you is annoying, borish and lacking in decorum, but you want gay pride parades to tone it down? That's pretty ridiculous.

10. Zonfar

Zonfar Member

It may be ridiculous to you, and that's ok. I don't see whats wrong with me saying that it would be nice for gay parades to be more respectable to potentially attract more people to it. Would I ever go to a ANY parade (gay or not) where there was a guarantee displays of where it was overly sexualized? No, I wouldn't. Fine, it's my problem, but if the whole point is to attract more people and to bring awareness that being gay is ok in a positive light, shouldn't we want to do it in a way that... positively attracts more people? I know I'm not alone on the subject, and obviously there are people who disagree and think the opposite. I'm not gonna stomp my feet and say it has to be my way. Just giving my 2 cents on what I believe to be a more positive way to publicly display messages. Again, this is not a gay or straight problem, be too overly public with displays of affection (whether you're gay or straight), and you've lost my and a lot of other peoples attention. I'm not gonna say you can't do it, but I will leave, others will leave, and respect will have been lost.

11. CiG

CiG Salute of the Jugger

I'd never go to a gay pride parade either, but thousands of spectators do so I guess their attempts to attract inter-community attention has been working for years.

12. Zonfar

Zonfar Member

Just because something has been working, doesn't mean we can't look for new ways to make them even better! :D

13. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Member

there are gay-pride parades that are way more sexualized than others
    there are some that are more respectful, it just depends which one you're going to
    the one in Dallas, Texas, for example is the horribly gross and hyper-sexualized thing you're bitching about
    but then, the one in the near-to-Dallas city called Fort Worth is labeling itself as "family-friendly"
    people from all over the country go to the one in Dallas, but people from outside of The Metroplex don't even know the name "Fort Worth"
    so what you're describing and bitching about is a real thing
    but there are also "respectful" gay-pride parades, you just have to look for them