This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hooking up a pre-amp to the AxeFX?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by X14Halo, Jun 22, 2012.

1. X14Halo

X14Halo Member

I looked at the manual and I just want to make sure I have this right before I hook it up...
    So from what I gather, I need to put a FXL block in my preset, followed by a cab block. And I would use a cable going from output 2 on the Axe to the input on the pre-amp. Then I would have another cable going from the output of the pre-amp to the input 2 on the Axe. Is this correct? Will regular instrument cables work or do I need to use a special kind of cable? Also, where do I plug my guitar into? The Axe or the pre-amp? Thanks.

2. drawnacrol

drawnacrol 7Slinger

3. X14Halo

X14Halo Member

Cool thanks! Still a little bit confused by their wording...

I just want to make sure I have this down right....
    so I would run a cable from the output 2 of the Axe to the input on the preamp, then I would run another cable from the output of the preamp to the input 2 on the Axe?
    I keep seeing them saying something about a 4 cable method...but from my understanding there are only 2 cables involved?
    If this is correct, can somebody link me to the correct type of cable to use for these connections?