This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How did you discover Subterranean Masquerade?

Discussion in 'Subterranean Masquerade' started by PhlegethonVeins, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Derftron

Derftron pwnt

Uhaha, on a warez site >.>

2. kleo706

kleo706 Member

I ordered too much shit from The Omega and me and Tomer became penpals. As he was a decent guy, I became a cheerleader for SM. Hell we even talked about me contributing something at one point which doesn't happen as I *like* being an opinionated jerk with no basis for my views. Then we met in NJ, he fell over drunk, we shared a beer, and that's basically it.

3. dan of bereavement

dan of bereavement shroud of bereavement

I heard about the band from an Omega E-mail I read Novembers Doom and Violins and went and picked it up right away.

4. BrandonS

BrandonS Member

The End pisses me off... their web shop is basically like someone's winamp playlist, everything worth buying is out of stock.... there's nothing there... ever... I did buy SM in a whim from the end near Christmas time. ^_^

5. The_Quadfather

Subterranean Masquerade was a myspace discovery. One of the best I ever made...

6. BringMeTheCalm

I was listening to Sculptured's Similar artist station on Last.fm and these guys came up.

A few weeks later, I orded the EP and full-lenght from The End. It still hasn't arrived yet... :(

7. Beyond the Pale

A message board that focuses on Metal ranted and raved about how amazing Suspended Animation Dreams was, so I picked it up, and I was just blown away by the sheer brilliance. I ended up finding the EP last year, too. Very pleased about that. the way the disc looks is awesome. it's all clear with a red center. I love it, I've only opened the CD case once, to keep it safe.

8. Dora

Dora Member

same here

9. Head_Banger

Head_Banger Member

I haven´t put all the songs from Opeth into iTunes on my new laptop, so I figured i should use last.fm, "opeth" in the search-field. Got Demon of The Fall, later followed up by Observation Through Metamorphis, after listening to that track I ordered the EP, gonna listen through the songs and check samples from the album before I order. But I like what I´ve heard so far though. :kickass:

10. rushanne

rushanne Member

Someone on the Dan Swano forum said that The End had SAD for a few bucks. After I heard that Paul did the vocals, it was an easy buy for me, since Novembers Doom is one the best bands I've heard in the last few years. Got SAD yesterday, and it hasn't left my cdplayer.

11. Choogly

Choogly New Metal Member

I found it through a metal heads group on facebook, and I'm very grateful if I did. Btw, post moar people. I want tabs and t-shirts, lol.

12. Srontgorrth

Srontgorrth Member

I was looking on Metal Archives at bands Paul Kuhr was in, and then I saw SubMasq and listened to the songs on myspace and thought they were amazing. Then a couple weeks later I saw the album + ep at a record store so I bought 'em.

13. PhlegethonVeins

PhlegethonVeins Autopsy Obsessed

Well im glad to see a couple newer faces on here. This band needs far more followers than it has.

14. Soundscape

Soundscape Member

the 5/8 forums and some raving reviews of SAD on rateyourmusic.com . I then found a copy of SAD a few months later used @ Zia records in AZ.

15. PhlegethonVeins

PhlegethonVeins Autopsy Obsessed

Glad you found the album, but by god who sold it off used?

^_^