This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How did you hear about Theocracy

Discussion in 'Theocracy' started by ChristianRocker116, Jan 18, 2015.

1. ChristianRocker116

I heard them randomly come up on a Pandora Radio music station. I recall it being one of their Christmas songs.

2. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

I learned about them from their webpage waaaaaay back in 2004 (I remember downloading the tracks they had available and burning them to a CD), but I have no memory of how I got to their page in the first place.

FYI, if you want to read two pages of almost the same topic, check out this 2011 thread: What was the first Theocracy song you heard?

3. Hikin Mike

Hikin Mike New Metal Member

I Googled 'Christian Progressive Metal Bands' and came across 'I Am' on YouTube around November 2013. The rest was history. :)

4. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

In 2008, after trawling the net for weeks in search of decent Christian power metal, I decided to buy Frozen Inside by HB on iTunes.
    Then I saw Mirror of Souls in the "Listeners Also Bought" list. The artwork looked good and a few seconds of samples sounded good, but I wasn't sure what to think of there being only 8 tracks, and one of them over 20 minutes. Really unsure, I made the purchase, and then worried that I'd made a mistake.

A couple of hours later, when I'd listened to Frozen Inside & Mirror of Souls, my mind was blown, and Theocracy has been my favourite band ever since!
    I praise God for Theocracy, and I thank iTunes for the suggestion!!!

5. I Am Eva

I Am Eva Member

In the end of last year by a friend of mine when I asked for some metal with Christian lyrics and he lended me Mirror of Souls and I fell deeply in love with the music and the gospel and it ended up with me buying all the albums ! As the World Bleeds got me even stronger and the first remastered selftitled one I haven't yet heard a lof of since that friend of mine borrowed it from me but it's ok since I still have two and Theocracy doesn't get old fast no it just makes you want to press repeat so yes I dito Aish! in his praise and pray for a fourth album soon :)

6. poundingmetal74

poundingmetal74 Demons Will Fly

2002 or 2003 checking out the Yamaha AW44 boards. I believe it was the demo for Serpent's Kiss. Was absolutely floored at the time it was one guy!

7. Maurits

Maurits New Metal Member

I used an app/game/whatever on Kongregate called MusicQuest Pro. You basically just entered what genre you felt like listening to, and it automatically made a playlist for you. After listening to a lot of Christian Rock, I decided I'd give Christian Metal a try. And well, Theocracy ended up in my playlist.

8. Arcticspiderwolf

Arcticspiderwolf New Metal Member

A few years ago, I used watch this review show called Frothy Pint of Metal. One day somebody recommended that the host review a band called Theocracy. I saw the cover for their first album and thought "meh, cheesy Christian metal". Then about a year later, I decided to look the band up on Youtube because I was bored. After listening to 'I Am', I was instantly hooked.

9. Parched Earth

Parched Earth Isaiah 53:2

In checking my anal Excel spreadsheet of CD purchases, I got Theocracy's self-titled album on January 5, 2004. I ordered it from the Laser's Edge along with 9 other CDs in the same order. I am guessing I either was intrigued by the album description on the Laser's Edge website, or I heard about them on the Mike Portnoy web forum. Either way, I am pretty sure the album was a blind purchase for me...one that definitely paid off. :) I think I got the CD before hearing the Christmas medley, though it is possible I heard the Christmas medley first - which may have also prompted the purchase.

10. SueNC325

SueNC325 Child God Loves

I heard them [him] around that time, as well, and likewise, freaked when I was told it was one guy!
    I've been a fan every since, though.