This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How Do You Feel About Veganism?

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by Ahania, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ahania

Ahania Worker 11811

Veganism is the practice of eliminating all animal products from your diet and everyday attire, often for ethical reasons. However, vegans have gradually garnered a negative reputation for allegedly imposing this belief system on everyone. In doing so, vegans will shame and criticize meat eaters for contributing to the system of animal cruelty. Of course, there is a flip side in which meat eaters are actually the ones bullying vegans. So how do you feel about veganism?

2. CASSETTEISGOD

CASSETTEISGOD Active Member

Like any ideology or belief, there are the annoying zealots and the reasonable conscience-raisers. My best buddy is a vegan but he doesn't act like an asshole, but he's willing to have long discussions about it.

I eat meat, I hunt occasionally, but I understand and have deep respect for the vegan position. There aren't really any good rebuts to their arguments, one can't really deny this.

One thing I have to say about vegans is that I hate pro-abortion vegans, I think they're retarded hypocrites.

Aish! and Ahania like this.
  3. Aish!

Aish! -Аиш!

We all eat other life forms to survive. I like the idea of "if I can't kill it I won't eat it" and for the past 9 years I've been vegetarian, killing and eating plenty of fruit and vegetables, but happily living with 3 meat eaters.

I'm sure there would be many more vegans if people saw how meat is produced. I love milk and cheese too much to give that up, and I could milk a cow if I really had to.
    Yeah, I hate hypocrisy. I also hate people hunting for sport, and people who go fishing just to torture fish and throw them back.

4. CASSETTEISGOD

CASSETTEISGOD Active Member

Actually I think the key to spreading veganism is by making it affordable not to eat anything with animal products in it.

Aish! likes this.
  5. elohimeth

elohimeth marțolea

none of the vegans i've met ever tried to impose their lifestyle/beliefs on me. this is mostly an internet urban legend. it's generally a good thing, i support animal rights and after all if people are okay with muslims or hindus not eating pork or beef because of their religious/ethical beliefs, i don't see why they wouldn't be fine with vegans not eating animal products.

metalized likes this.
  6. latrodectusmactans

latrodectusmactans New Metal Member

I respect those who respect me. Regardless if vegan or not.

It's something that needs time to evolve. Even though we live in the era of social media, which helps in spreading ideas rapidly, years and years need to go by in order to make it something "legit". People need to die, others need to be born. It also depends on each country since third world countries don't have the resources to lead this privileged lifestyle.

Also, what's up with those who start being vegan because it's "in"?

7. metalized

metalized Member

I am a vegan, so I feel pretty good about it. :)

Aish! likes this.
  8. HadesRagnazrath

HadesRagnazrath IHATEGRUNGE

Well, it's fucking horrible for the environment.

9. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Member

i remember a gap of time where all the local vegans kept having to go to the ER because they were all suffering from the effects of nutrient deficiency from not eating the nutrients that are in meat

i remember talking to my meat-eating med-doctor friends and we all thought it was hilarious

Aish! likes this.
  10. Nate Skalman

Nate Skalman The future looks bright

That’s why everyone in Portland, Or is scrawny and look like they have a tape worm

11. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Member

LOL