This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much to charge as a entry level producer

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by Santiago Romero, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Santiago Romero

Santiago Romero New Metal Member

I am 15 year old and i'm recording two bands right now and thinking how much I should charge the hour. My parents wont buy me any more music gear and I want to make improvements such as new speakers and acoustic treatment. So how should I charge. I'll leave an example of a song I did so you know my quality of work.

Attached Files:

2. MrBongo

MrBongo idiot at work

you definitely need better monitoring :D:p
    sounds like there is no electric bass in that demo track, like I´d expect it to be. That could be a reason the mix is a little imbalanced. Also the vocals have quite a lot of treble issues and sibilance.

well, i guess that´s also a question of your local laws, not just what´s the usual price for recordings in your area.
    Anyway, I would definitely NOT charge as much for this kind of quality as I would when doing it for a living, and getting a great result. Maybe half of what your parents are making with their jobs, if not less.
    Yes, it might be frustrating at first, but you certainly don´t want the bands to leave for another recording guy, do you? ;)