This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

how were you introduced to November Doom!?

Discussion in 'Novembers Doom' started by great_kthulu, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Lateralus14

Lateralus14 New Metal Member

And now I don't really care about the comparison anyway, but that's how I found you guys so w/e.

2. NvmbrsDoom5

NvmbrsDoom5 Member

Calm down, noone was jumping on your case Lateralus.....I just didn't know what you meant by your initial post. As I said, I have no issue with Opeth fans liking us, of course that's a good thing, and I have no issue with people saying our music is similar stylistically in ways or whatever, that's all cool. We've just had to deal with alot of people accusing us of trying to copy that band, which we don't. They're a great band and we're friendly with them, so it's cool. Some of the guys who've been posting here at the forum for a long time now have bared witness to some of the shittalking "you guys wanna be Opeth and copy them" bullshit that we've had to endure so that's why they were like "whoa boy here we go" at first, haha :)

3. FUBAR

FUBAR Member

This one http://www.terrorizer.com/

think that Slipknot one is about 2 months old.

4. FUBAR

FUBAR Member

Just pm'd it to you.

5. beast from the east

Yea, I was just having a bit of fun with you, Lateralus. Didn't mean to upset, it's all in fun :)

6. Srontgorrth

Srontgorrth Member

Haha jeez, it takes forever for them to put up the new magazines @_@

7. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

I think it's cool if someone who discovered OPETH dug deeper into more underground dark metal and discovered ND.

I can certainly understand the band's frustration with anyone who accuses ND of copying OPETH. Both bands were formed pretty much around the same time, though it should be noted that LACERATION began in this direction with the RIPPING AVULSION 7".

Nothing against OPETH at all, but just like with most genres of metal, its usually the better bands who get less commercial recognition, right???

8. Kendrick

Kendrick Member

I had subscribed to this person on youtube and they literally had around 3000 videos which were all low-mid famed metal bands' songs. While I was digging through (because I liked a lot of what they had) I found the song For Every Leaf that Falls, and I was very impressed, so then i looked for more by them and I fell in love. Too bad that user got their account banned :( I miss their taste and variety of music.

9. Phoenix5

Phoenix5 d3v4s7a710n

isn't it a right place at the right time sort of deal?

10. Fields Of Sorrow

Someone on the Opeth forum mentioned them.

I've only heard The Pale Haunt Departure, what else is good?

11. Will Bozarth

Will Bozarth Everlasting Godstopper

The Knowing is my favorite. there are threads on here where you can see all of the forum (and some band) member favorites

12. Novembers Paul

Start with the newest one, Into Night's Requiem Infernal, then The Novella Reservoir. Work your way backwards, and I think you'll be pleased.

13. Fields Of Sorrow

Thanks, will do!

14. NickA

NickA New Metal Member

i had heard ND on liquid metal b4 and had meant to look up Cd's but i forgot...then i saw you guys in the thanks part of the For Lies I Sire booklet and decided to check out Into Nights Requim Infernal. I really liked the fact that i could understand what you were singing

15. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

I saw The Knowing in The Exclusive Company and remembered reading something about ND in Metal Maniacs so I picked it up.

16. Dark Winged Sentinel

Dark Winged Sentinel New Metal Member

I was writing for Harder Beat magazine and Pale was among the cds waiting to be reviewed,due to some changes in my life,I never got around to it,and stopped writing for the mag,because of my retail work sched.I could no longer make to the monthly meetings on Sunday.I was immediately impressed with it though.I have long been a fan of older Paradise Lost ,but wasn't aware of any other bands with somewhat of a similiar sound.I also was impressed with Paul's lyric book and since I have a computer now,I contacted the editor of HB and arranged to do a review,my first actual book review, which anyone interested can check out at www.myspace.com/sabbsteve,Hey Paul !

17. ScientistOfDarkness

ScientistOfDarkness a prophet in cosmology

Paul told me to listen to his shit or he'd shank me. He's bigger than me so I complied.

18. cornfed peters

a tramp stamp!

19. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

ND tramp stamp. Amazing.

20. richseered

richseered Member

Hey guys, Rich here, new to the forum :wave: but not to the band. As far as I recall, I think I saw a magazine ad for "The Pale Haunt Departure" and it really caught my eye, and the more I read about the band, th more it sounded like my cup of tea (I'm posting from England here, have to squeeze in a tea reference somewhere!).

Weird thing was that both myself and the other guitarist from the band I'm in both heard about the band at the same time and then both bought the cd the same week (I tihnk he bought it first and told me I had to get it!).

In fact, we did a myspace bulletin to our friends list about ND at the time saying "check out this cool band"!