Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by Guardian of Asgaard, Jun 13, 2009.
Listen to them.
This is the most similar band that I've found.
I kinda like this band , the only bad thing is that I can't find lyrics anywhere? Anyone have them? I might be able to do an in-depth search for them but I'm overloaded atm.
I felt like this Thread needed a push again because I think it is pretty useful. So I recommend another band to you which is one of my favourites these days: Agrypnie
They're definately not sounding like Amon Amarth but they're fucking good
Obtenebris, from Canada, have some songs that sound a bit like amon amarth...espacilly the songs ''Kings of all''
This is their myspace page
Hmm...sounds good. I think I will check out more of their songs. Thanks for that
Yeah.. check out:
That's without the Viking stuff, but the bald bassist went to school with Amon Amarth...
That sounds very decent as well.
And the video is pretty crappy but I like it. It's funny
No band is similar to Amon....none.........NONEZ I TELL YOU! Now go watch Anime!!
KING OF ASGARD
BANE OF ISILDUR
I have searched high and low for a long time to find another band like Amon Amarth. After an extensive search I have come to a very concrete, singular conclusion. The is NO other band like Amon Amarth. And here is why.
1. Continuity - Amon Amarth has had the same lineup since 1998. 15 years. It helps to know your bandmates and be able to work together and leave each other alone when necessary.
2. Style - Name another Death Metal band who uses so much Tremolo picking and do it anywhere near as well as AA! They have a very distinct sound and approach to their music that no one has been able to effectively, consistently, duplicate.
3. Role models - There are plenty of great people in metal. These five guys like to have a good time but within reason. They're not out there causing havoc off the stage. Young bands should look to them as an example of how to conduct themselves in public.
4. Stage presence - If you haven't seen them live, well, you should. Watch the most available videos, Cologne, Summer Breeze 2007, Bloodshed over Bochum to give you an little idea of how good they are live. Then actually go see them. They're that good.
5. Support - For one, Metal Blade Records. Hopefully they will continue with them after this album. They surrond themselves with good people and it has paid off.
6. Johan Hegg - Not to take anything away from the rest of the band but no one else has Johan Hegg. He simply has no peers right now in his vocal style and stage presence. The guy is incredible.
Look, I love metal and vikings. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a metal band, any genre you can think of, who isn't singing about vikings, mythology, paganism, etc. There are many bands that do it extremely well, and differently, Tyr, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Turisas, King of Asgard to name some of the "big" ones, but when all is said and done, to me, Amon Amarth is at the top of the mountain. For the foreseeable future I do not see that changing. Check out the band Vinterblot and their album Nether Collapse. They are from Italy and if they can follow up their first album with another solid release they will be a band I continue to watch. Still not AA but interesting nonetheless.
I completely agree with you thornh, I have listened to a lot of similar but 'not exactly' similar bands to Amon Amarth.. and I have to say that AA are truly unique!
And in my opinion bands like Bolt Thrower, Summoning and Windir are unique as well..
That's also my conclusion. As for me deciding however is point 2 (including voice style from point 6 of course) The other items just are additional goodies. First time listening to Amon Amarth was like "love from the first sight" and that's a matter of sound style I guess. Of course there are some other bands I had similar experience with. But actually these bands are not that similar to Amon Amarth. So, yes, there is NO band like Amon Amarth.
And Agalloch also.
Check out Vader, Jungle Rot , Suffocation and Orange Goblin. Not anything like AA of course but great bands!
amon amarth is unique, but you can try kalmah, its a pretty similar sound and, like aa, theyre awesome in their own way. look up a song called hades
If interested here is our new Project.
Please forgive the Art work it is temporary wile art is being commissioned.
from iceland ,skalmold is very good...