This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I got it... (PAin)

Discussion in 'Hypocrisy' started by Lunah, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Lunah

Lunah Crazy photographer

Yes, this day is cool.

In my mailbox today, I found Dancing with the dead (DVD edition) :worship:

In 1 our I'm going to Malmö, to see tonights Concert :headbang:

Have A nice evening - I will.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

2. Leviathane

Leviathane Member

Did you order it from cdon.com? I ordered there and they shipped on Tuesday and I'm waiting now! Probably it akes some more shipping days to Germany.

Have fun tonight!!

3. paINflames

paINflames Member

Damn you! I want it too! :yell:
    So how do you like it, especially if you campare it with the previous albums?

Have fun tonight! (I know you will!)

4. Forevermore

Forevermore fucking fuck

and everyone living in Gothenburg will be able to get their CDs signed on saturday! muahha

5. Sisterofnight

Sisterofnight Chomping at the bit

Yeh!!! my dvd copy arrived yesterday too-from CDON :D .

I'm still weighting it up as I hear it differently every time I listen. It's taken a few listens to hear everything.
    But I think it's like a culmination of all the past albums plus more.

As Peter explains it's more metal :headbang: -having done the main riffs on guitar rather than keyboard this time round, and you can hear that to effect (though he is almost reluctant to admit the metal I felt -maybe thinking about alienating potential audiences if it gets aired on tv).

There's definitely more varied vocals and well it's quite diverse throughout imho. I think noticably different tempos too. Like the last album plenty of spaces in the sound. Though classic Pain intensity I think its the most dynamic yet.

I'm terrible at trying to describe things and end up having to compare music to other music (sorry it's not fair I know) specifically some parts make me think of Ozzy twixt Korn/Cyprus Hill, mega bassy at times too. Even a bit Mortiis sounding in Stay Away.
    Other bits classic Pain, techno, goth, metal all in there. Really catchy hooks, choruses, chugging and sweeping soaring parts in there of course too.
    I expect people more technically adept will be able to give some proper befitting reveiws!

I have to say the Behind The Music is really interesting about the layering, and very endearing. We actually get to see him smile and chuckle a few times.

I vote Peter as the next James Bond bad guy -with all that single eye brow raising I'm sure he could do it a treat ah haha!:devil:

6. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Sith Lord

I downloaded it and wont buy it. Its not as good as the others and didnt do anything for me. Way too "MTV" sounding for me. I dont get why Peter cant write more complicated songs...its only 1 or 2 riffs and some looped pattern...come on man, you can do better than that. Thats fuking BORING!!