This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I need a guitarist (7 string) for one song

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Morgan C, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Morgan C

Morgan C MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯

Hey all,

I posted this song a while back which everyone seemed to love. I'm doing an EP of songs like this. I've finished that song, and written another, using the guitars of my friend. However, I've written another song with Joseph Parry (from this forum and the band Karhu) on vocals. He was going to do guitars for it but he's too busy atm. This new song is similar style (synth/guitar duet the whole way), but more metal and less soundtracky, and lower tuned. And it'll have vocals.

All I need is for someone with a 7 string guitar (this is in B) to record the guitars for one of my songs (and you only have to single-track it, no double-tracking!). It needs to be super-tight, but I don't care how you get it that way. The last two songs, the guitars were edited to SHIT. Sometimes note by note. I don't care, as long as it sounds good and not fake.

I don't want to post the song publicly yet, but if you're interested, please give me a PM and I'll give you a link. Thanks!

2. aytchster

aytchster Member

Hello! I dig working on something of this sort, send me your track (I'll pm you my email) and we'll take it from there.

That track sounds awesome!

Hadi

3. kev

kev Im guybrush threepwood

Hey Morgan, give us a shout if you want some Schecter Loomis on it!

4. AntonioPetrole

If you still need someone I have a pretty awesome setup and I can play pretty tight. Pm me if you want

5. Morgan C

Morgan C MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯

Thanks guys, I've been overwhelmed by the response. I thought I'd be struggling to find someone, but Deadstar has already sent me the entire song, perfectly played, so I'm going to use his DI's. Thanks again, and I'll be sure to let the entire forum know when I finally release this thing, as you guys seem to dig it :D Aiming for the end of this year.. because I'm sloooooow at songwriting and it takes me 2-3 months to write one song, and I've got another 2 to go.

Everyone who offered, as a kind of thankyou, I'll send you the song once I've got the vocals and mixed it. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it. Everyone else has to wait til I release the entire EP.

6. Charlie E.

Charlie E. Member

Sounds really cool. Anxious to hear the EP.