This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I'd say a single color is better in expressing a certain atmosphere. We're also talking about a horror theme, so the nature can be exposed more ugly/withering/damp. And it needs an artistic idea, not just a pretty landscape. But yeah, mist either on land or lake would be cool. I wanted a Bodom artwork with full moon and mist and the ghosts etc..

3. (__Joonas__)

Where's your interview?

4. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

Same here, it really has held up so well I love almost every song on that album. Definitely in the top 3 for me it's one hell of a strong album compared to the previous several, which I still enjoyed, but HoB was a clear step in the right direction and got them some momentum back. Really hoping the rest of IWC is up there with it, haven't been too impressed so far but their choice of singles usually don't represent the album that well anyway. HCDR is probably my favorite tone, it's harsh but has balls to it and fits in with the album, HB is just too thin sounding

5. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

I had a nice chat with Janne on Sunday while I was visiting Lake Bodom. :)
    We talked about big surprises in the new album, he said that track no9 (All for Nothing is the weirdest COB song ever) the fact the title track is missing guitar solo (also happens in another song FYI), cover songs and W13, Roope, Warmen, future plans and some more. Should be up within the next couple of days.
    I'll try to have it ready in english tomorrow and post it here.

6. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Oh no, another song without a solo. The board is going to explode.

7. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

That does look amazing.

8. MattK

MattK Member

Yeah I'm not surprised hahah #catfish

9. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Weirdest = bad. If you like something even though you find it strange, you don't describe it as weird, you describe it as interesting/new/etc. Lack of riffs, lack of solos, confirmed rushed record.

10. (__Joonas__)

If it's sucky then I at least wanna hear the low end of the open B. I think we can expect an album as good as HoB but not more. Two songs was enough to find out the potential, the strength and weakness of this operation. On the other hand I'm just dying to find out if for once I could be surprised.

11. Hellhounds On My Trail

Ι rank Halo of Blood quite high in the CoB discography (quality-wise) and so far I don't think I Worship Chaos will be on par. 'Morrigan' is ok but the title track felt totally uninspired, and those quotes from the interview don't sound promising either. We'll find out in due time I guess.

12. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

Other than Alexi none of them seem very excited about it, all of them especially Janne have only described it as weird or different which aren't used as very positive descriptions. I'm alright if it's different than anything they've done, that's interesting, but their attitudes seem like it's different in a disappointing way instead

13. (__Joonas__)

Yeah, this gonna suck. The marketing is so transparent and dry.

Still, at least I'm excited to hear it since Alexi is saying it's the best album in a very long time (since Blooddrunk or HCDR or what...?) albeit this is what they say every time until admitting at the next record it wasn't that great.

Halo was supposed to be a dark album but only a couple songs felt dark. Just as IWC isn't dark at all like Morrigan is. It's still a mystery whether catchy and easy to approach means it's got very tasty melodies or the song structures are poor.

14. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

15. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

The marketing has been very dry. No one besides Alexi is excited at all about this album. I agree completely with this.

Morrigan is full of atmosphere and is quite dark. More than anything on HoB (love the album but I don't really feel much atmosphere on it). But holy the difference between IWC and Morrigan. IWC isn't dark at all. To me it has a very similar feel as AYDY does. If the album is a mixture of songs similar to these two we will probably have a really mixed album. I'm worried now about All for Nothing and, for some reason, the last track.

I was hoping with such an odd name that they had an instrumental song full of melodies and solos to make up for some songs only having a single solo. It probably isn't true now.

I wouldn't mind it if All for Nothing is like Dead Man's Hands On You.

16. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Got around to checking out the new songs - well... First two songs of the album failed to impress, not a good sign. Not bad, just sound kinda, I dunno, forced? Boring?

Also, which genius decided to make a lyrics video? I know it's trendy and all, but a lyrics video? For a CoB song? Seriously? :lol:

17. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Of course Alexi is pumped for the album. He doesn't have Alexander or Roope cramping his style.

To me AYDY is what Alexi wanted to do all along (to break into a larger mainstream audience) and IWC is probably the style he wanted to go in before Roope nagged him to write songs more to his liking. IWC is the true follow up Alexi wanted to AYDY.

18. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

C'mon, Roope had no style nor life in him. Alexander didn't cramp Alexi's style either but gave him confidence and freed him up to let loose.

I wish IWC were a follow up to AYDY, I keep waiting for AYDY II. But the two songs we have don't sound anything like it. While the song IWC is "heavier" that's about it. The overall sound from what we can tell so far is rather weak. Keys get to play too prominent a role. That's the complete opposite of AYDY which had a downright br00tal sound and keys played a minor role.

19. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Didn't I predict this like two months ago or so? Before Morrigan was released anyway. One single and one lyrics video. That's the new trend. Every single band does it.

20. Rune

Rune Member

What's with all the AYDY? Love? Everybody knows that HCDR is Alexis favorite, and also the album that really put them mainstream. It also has the best production of them all, and best sound overall. If they made another one like that I would be pleased enough! Or another HOB style album would aslo be welcome and of course the older ones. But not another BD, RRF or AYDY, those are they worst albums and don't have many songs played live....