This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

Yeah, I think so, at least one song with a "real" music video, maybe in mid september.

2. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I'm not expecting it to sound similar to the other albums.....I was just expecting it to at least be good or tolerable and so far it is not. I am hoping once I can listen to the whole album my views will change.

This is the first CoB album I have not pre-ordered since I got into them when HCDR came out.

3. Rune

Rune Member

First album since 2001 I won't buy before it is dirt cheap, unless something drasticly changes! There still might be two-three brilliant songs on the album, but right now it seems they altered their style too much... I listen to bodom because of melodies, if the melodies are too simplistic or no existant, I skip the song. If I skip all the songs for that reason the album is not worth listening to. Catchy you say? No just bland and booring.

4. baldymort

baldymort Member

man im so pumped to hear 'i hurt'. to me it already sounds better than at least half of the songs on hob

5. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

I hurt sounds like it was made for simple people. "kicks into the heavy stuff" - if that's the chorus, fuck that shit. Dear fucking god, even IWC sounds better. My Bodom has potential. Why did I listen to this shit?

6. baldymort

baldymort Member

i don't see any problem with the chorus. it's catchy and a good headbanging riff. all the other parts sound fantastic as well.

7. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Umm, it's not the chorus. I Hurt is supposed to have a memorable melodic chorus.

8. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Which one has the melody that's in the end of the Morrigan video, because that's the best part of the new album so far, imo.

9. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

I Hurt

10. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Seems like Alexi is happiest when he is in USA...

#1230 Johnny_victor, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  11. (__Joonas__)

Sure cos the interviewer is likeable and speaks English natively and doesn't ask stupid questions. And America is big country.

12. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Yeah...but seems like Europe and it's music doesn't interest him anymore, he only wants to be big in the States...in European interviews he seemed bored as fuck.

13. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

They stated in the Q&A video that there is a music video in post-production right now. So probably one more song.

14. (__Joonas__)

Curious point: the Morrigan sample (chorus) is horrible too, happens to be the worst part of the song, maybe this gives hope. Anyway, I'm mostly interested to hear songs 4, 5, 8, 9, 10. From everything I've read and heard I suspect 10 is the best song.

15. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

What, you've already heard I Hurt in its entirety?

16. (__Joonas__)

4:15 ->

Right after this Everytime I Die started playing and oh my god the difference. Alexi is living in serious denial if he doesn't even consider the old great songs as hits. But I have a theory. When he seemed to heal from depression around 2002, their music changed drastically. I think he took meds, and mood medication can kill your creativity. I'm just saddened, I wish the best of success for the guy, but it's like he got hijacked by an alien bug that went up thru the nose. How does one go from writing Follow the Reaper to writing IWC? Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, and of course it's hard to satisfy fans that always expect a cult piece.

To be fair sleep is very important. Alexi's forced into ridiculously tight schedules as the record label handles art as business. When you're tired, doing shit past midnight (like myself now), it's not gonna sound as good in the morning as you thought it did at night. At night you can maybe imagine all kinds of atmosphere in a sheer guitar riff, but once your brain is lit up at daytime you realize it's not as epic as you thought.

#1236 (__Joonas__), Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

The good thing about this new record is the fact that songs are quite similar unlike on HOB and RRF which got more diversified styles. That gives the album a specific style, a soundworld and a specific atmosphere.
    Also, dominant keyboard (content and volume) saves the lack of melodies IMO.

18. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Huh? What does that video have to do with anything?

19. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

We played the "guessing game" with RRF's samples and got burnt, I'm not going there again. The "breakdown" shit sounds bad, but I'll wait till I have the full song, because we also had the end of it on the Morrigan sample and most of us thought "damn that's not bad!", and now this other sample comes out and it sucks, so let's see what happens.

20. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

Am i the only one who think the melody of i hurt (in the end of morrigan official track) is similar with Living dead beat main melody?
    obviosly it gonna be the main melody of i hurt and might be the intro