This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iced Earth tour dates...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by General Zod, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Saladbar

Saladbar Jose Saladbar

I don't think it was a bad performance at all, I just think it didn't have the feel of the last time I saw I.E. (never saw em with Ripper).
    For it being Matt's first show being back in the band and also being the bass player's first show with I.E. as well it was pretty good. It did surprise me that they kept it very basic onstage. No intro tape or anything they just walked onstage and started playing.
    The sound issues did suck, it was more of an inconvenience for the audience for about a minute but they cleared up and the show went on. The band didn't even notice since the monitors kept working. I don't think that the sound issues affected their performance at all.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever top the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show at the Metro in '02. Nothing.

You just killed my teenage dream. :mad: <----mean face.

2. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I am sorry. Once I also had a teenage dream, but I realized it was a felony. Had to give it up...

:lol:

3. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

And that is why you aren't allowed within 500 ft of a school... :lol:

4. nailz

nailz Member

I told you doing coke off drew's ass after you paid him for sex in the preschool bathrooms was illegal. You just HAD to think I was lying and go look it up.

5. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

:lol: You're an ass. I don't do drugs, ESPECIALLY Drew.

:lol:

6. nailz

nailz Member

I have a reputation to maintain.

7. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

The Pearl Room had that audio problem A LOT the last year or so it was open. Not their fault, true but it did detract from the performance so I agree with that.

I also felt that Matt seemed a bit uncomfortable on stage and it just didn't seem to me they clicked as well as at progpower in my opinion. I think the reason people hated the pp one and I could be mistaken is A. The setup took forever and so people probably thought due to that it better be worth it and B. The end didn't go well due to the rig being blown. Besides that though, the performance itself I felt was really energetic and well done.

The other funny thing is that you mention Jasonic is that if it was your first IE performance you could see someone liking it. It was my first experience of them and while it was okay at times, I wasn't blown away and was then skeptical about seeing them at Progpower and enjoyed it. Though it seems I'm in a huge minority there.

8. drmetal8

drmetal8 Graphic Design

I bought the download of SOL when it was released and recently broke it out again.
    I can honestly say I enjoy it more than the last couple Iced Earth albums. It's definitely simpler than those albums, but that has some appeal.
    It definitely sounds like it's from the heart.

Wish they were playing more dates.

9. DEATHZILLA

DEATHZILLA Member

Iced Earth need to listen to Storm Rider, then kick themselves in the ass, then put out a Killer ripping cd!! another disc like the last 2 and i am done with them as well.:ill:

10. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

That was an amazing evening indeed.
    All three bands were so on that night it wasn't even funny.

11. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

I suppose all I meant is that if you never saw them before you would have nothing to compare it to. I mean, an IE off night is still a lot better than a large majority of bands out there today right?

It's kind of like when people who have never seen Metallica question whether or not to see them live these days. Kind of like with KISS too. If you have seen them in the past, you would probably say that unfortunately, these bands seem to lose more and more steam each tour. Though, it is still definitely worth seeing if you have never seen them.

12. booB

booB Señor Member

I was there! And also at the next night's show at Harpo's in Detroit. I give the Harpo's show the slight edge, just because so many of my friends from the Iced Earth forum were there, and the local openers (Summer Dying) were amazing.

And: it's a toss-up for me between this tour, and the tour with Iced Earth/Jag Panzer/The Quiet Room from 1998.

13. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

I was at a Manowar show where I got flyers for the Iced Earth / Jag Panzer / Quiet Room shows in the Chicago area.

I had just gotten back into metal again after being out of it for a very long time, so at the time, Iced Earth to me was "That band whose CDs I see that apparently must be influenced by Maiden"!! :lol: I am sure gigs on that tour were solid.

Somewhere, I have a VHS bootleg of IE from Detroit on the Something Wicked tour.

14. NobleKnight

NobleKnight Member

>>Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever top the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show at the Metro in '02. Nothing.
    <<

I was there too, that show was awesome! I was soooo into all 3 bands at the time. I think there might be a bootleg out there of that show somewhere.

Also say Iced Earth play at JJ Kelleys a year or two before that. I can't remember who opened. I want to say Nevermore but I'm not sure. We showed up early and got to watch soundcheck.

- Aaron

15. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Agreed. I knew what you meant. Maybe I conveyed it wrong.

16. Savage Pumpkin

Savage Pumpkin AKA Mr. Future World

I think the show that IE did on "The dark Saga" tour at Jackhammers was MUCH better. they played twice in one night (1 all ages/ 1 over 21). That hands down was the best performance I have ever seen them play. Plus the turnout was minimal because of a downpour/ thunderstorm that night.

17. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

And that's a good thing? I don't know about you but I don't really like concerts where it's not very packed. Even though I enjoyed it when Candlemass played the Pearl Room a couple of years ago, I felt it was pretty embarrassing how little amount of people there were and the experience probably would've been better if there were more.

18. Savage Pumpkin

never said it was a good thing or a bad thing. What it was was unique. It also showcased the bands integrity for playing two shows to such a small crowd. It never seemed to me that they didn't play 100% which shows alot about them as a band.

And BTW why should it matter what the crowd size is anyway? Isn't it about the music? I'd much rather have a band play at 100% than have a packed show and a band play at 10%. Plus when moving around proves difficult then your comment loses all merit.

19. Saladbar

Saladbar Jose Saladbar

So you went to this show and the one in '02?

20. Savage Pumpkin

Yes sir