This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Iconoclast merch, my two cents

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Rocksister, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Rocksister

Rocksister Member

When the PL tour came to Atlanta, all posters and most other merch had been long gone. There was nothing left but the larger sizes of shirts. For what it's worth, SX is an American band; could we possibly save some merch for the American fans this time? Stickers, shirts, key chains, we don't care. And oh yea, the ladies want something this time, and not just the girls that weigh 95 pounds. The only ladies stuff I've seen comes in a size that wouldn't even fit my wrist. How 'bout an iron-on t-shirt logo or decal that we can put on our own shirts? Most towns have a graphic arts place that will iron it on for you. Static cling decals for my ride and house windows, too. That new mask logo is wicked. WF is an incredible artist. I know you're listening, WFU.........:heh:

2. mad_taffer

mad_taffer Member

I can't say this for sure, but maybe now that they are with a larger label they will have more merchandise...we can only hope right? I for one do want a shirt when I go see them at the Masquerade in Atlanta in May.

3. Prog is King

Prog is King Member

I want a long sleeve shirt. XXL please. Some posters would be great too.

:D

4. Phanto

Phanto Alalalalalalalala.

I want an XL shirt in European XL-size, not American XXXXXXXXXL-XL size. I.e. for tall people, not fatsos.

Faulty logic would lead someone to say "but buy L then", no, it's still too wide and anything smaller is too short. :(

5. Prog is King

Prog is King Member

I need an XXL not because I'm fat, (OK maybe just a little) but because I'm 6'-1", 230 lbs.

:kickass:

6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Member

I prefer my band shirts in a youth XL or an adult S. Band shirts in the girl versions suck.

7. Krowsnest

Krowsnest Guardian of the Blind

being a good foot shorter than Russell, a small/ medium shirt will suffice for meh :D

8. Frontal Lobotomy

I second that! But everything else is too big:( Sometimes bands make kiddies shirts that are big enough though, and they are often nicer than girlie shirts:\

9. Prog is King

Prog is King Member

There were no long sleeve shirts at the SF show. But I did get a cool Iconoclast flag!

10. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

remember when "Medium" meant median-size?

11. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

A medium is nothing more than a belly shirt for me! :lol:

12. Rocksister

Rocksister Member

I saw two "baby doll" shirts for old art on the site, size medium. In a baby doll style, medium fits a 12 year old. Come on, please, you do have minions of female Symphony X fans out here and we all know how females spend money on fashion. A size chart is a MUST for tee shirts, folks. And a fit statement: "fits snug, fits loose, true to size," etc. Do you need help with this? I would be happy to take a look at what you have available and write up stuff like fabric content, fit statements, measurements, etc. I assure you, there would be greater volume sales if folks only knew what they were getting. I'll be at the Tremont show tonight; I'll bet anyone out there money that there will be ONLY the boxy, "unisex" tee's, in the large and up sizes. If any at all. And no posters, mugs, etc. It makes no sense. I can get Osmond tee shirts but not Symphony X???? Wut???

13. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

here's my 2 cents on merch:

1. If an album sounds like Paradise Lost, don't press a vinyl. It's just the wrong sound for vinyl, especially if it's over-compressed. Some metal works great on vinyl, but SX really doesn't. Maybe V would.

2. When you print up T-Shirts, it is a well-known epic PHAIL to print an exact copy of the album cover in a square on the chest of the shirt. What happened to creativity? I never ever buy those shirts. It's fine to do shirts with a particular tour or album represented, but do it artistically!

[​IMG][​IMG]

right

[​IMG]
    wrong

(imo)

14. Marwen

Marwen Five Align

Damn I couldn't agree more.

15. SymphonyXV

SymphonyXV Member

Some album covers are so great, as soon as I see it I want a t shirt of it. A lot of time and money goes into some album covers so it makes sense to make shirts of it. The picture has to take up the whole shirt though, I get pissed when the picture only takes up like 1/4 of the shirt. And those soft tees that stick to your skin and make you look 50 pounds more than you are are the worst. I agree with vinyl though, I never understood how an album digitally made could be legit on vinyl.