This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

ICONOCLAST SALES

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by metalxmetalx, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

They should ditch Russell and replace him with Rhianna. Then they will sell millions.

...but probably none to this forum.

2. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

So far, better production hasn't come of it. Though you're right that more money has the potential to buy better production.

3. metalxmetalx

metalxmetalx Member

Let's hope it finally happens!

4. iceandfire84

iceandfire84 The One Who Knocks

Couldn't agree more. I've seen them at both Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte and at Masquerade in Atlanta and both of those venues must be the nastiest places I've ever been too. I'm a Charlotte resident and Tremont definitely has a reputation of catering to high school bands and other general local rubbish. They would do much better to get themselves into either Amos' Southend or the Filmore.

5. metalxmetalx

metalxmetalx Member

Playing Progpower Europe to an audience of 750 people? It's not a festival, it's a private party!

6. Frontal Lobotomy

They should definitely do more festivals though.. That is how I've found plenty bands that I now love. They were in Sweden Rock a couple of years back and maybe they might consider Wacken next year (especially since I'm going there again:p)? Since they are not that proggy anymore, they would fit right in. 150 000 people this year...nothing shabby about that. Sweden Rock next year would be good too, for me hehe:p But I'll definitely see them again in London this year! Provided the disturbances subside.

7. metalxmetalx

metalxmetalx Member

Wacken, that's the place where they should record a DVD!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

Speaking about wacken ,on youtube you can see many entire gigs.The best for
    me is Avantasia,then Blind Guardian ,Airborne and Rhapsody of fire (hail Italy !!!)
    but I think this year the greatest metal band live was Judas Priest,the real
    Gods of metal. I've got no words to describe this incredible band , look at them
    playing "Blood red skies" or pushing harder in "Painkiller".After Dio's death,is Halford the best metal singer

9. The Stormbringer

The Stormbringer www.Metal1.info

Don't know where you got that number. ;) Wacken attendance peaked in 2005 or 2006 at around 120K, which was by all accounts way too many to enjoy the festival. I've heard something like 80K, maybe a little more, this year.

10. Frontal Lobotomy

I heard 70-80 000 last year, and over 100 000 this year. This is not counting volunteers, bands and the people working for them, all the press and VIPs. All of these people can also end up finding new bands to like;) In any case, 80 000 is a no small number.

I thought Mayhem to be the biggest disappointment this year. They didn't even dress up:( After them, Blind Guardian. First time I saw them live and now I know that I don't have to do that again. Ozzy was surprisingly perky and Airbourne and Avantasia put up the best shows, IMO. Loved the beer can crushing. Sepultura surprised me as well, as it is generally the type of metal I don't listen to, but they were really good live, and the new singer was great. Bullet, Ghost and Crach diet were also favourites this year. Ghost band introduction was the best I'd ever seen :lol: