This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I'll be the first to say that a DD song made me...

Discussion in 'Daylight Dies' started by replicated, Oct 15, 2010.

1. replicated

replicated Threadkiller

cry. It happened once to me. Shit was going bad and I was bottling it up. sat in my car to contemplate, and started playing Unending Waves from Idle. I started weeping. That was powerful. The imagery used in the lyrics is heart wrenching and seem to be able to relate to anyone who has lost something as a result of their own actions. It is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard. Regret hurts. But in true DD fashion, you feel there is a sense of hope somewhere.

2. noctambulant

noctambulant Member

I've cried listening to no reply so many times,that I can no longer give it a spin without doing so :(

3. The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home New Metal Member

Sometimes listening to DD puts me in a serene mood. This seems especially true if I'm already upset, so perhaps its hearing the music itself and realizing the "peace in solitude" while driving alone in my car (its a 75 min drive to work) is what actually makes me feel more at peace.

Songs that strike an emotional chord would have to be solitary refinement, and a slow surrender, cathedral (especially the last minute of the song) and portrait in white.