This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In-depth interview about songwriting

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by AndreasBlomqvist, Dec 14, 2013.

1. AndreasBlomqvist

AndreasBlomqvist Mr. Bassman

2. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Thanks for the link, Andreas!
    That was very interesting to read for sure!

3. RuRoRul

RuRoRul Member

Yeah it is good to read this type of stuff stuff that you rarely hear about from any musician. Thanks for the interview.

4. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

nice interview, not the usual kind
    that's the kind of inteview I'd like to read, not the ones filled with "our new record is better, heavier and more melodic than everything we've done before"

5. promark747

promark747 New Metal Member

Thanks Andreas. Your responses sounded similar to those I've heard from Neil Peart regarding taking the utmost care in creating a finished product that is thoroughly thought out and worked through....which is one reason there's not a ton of improvising done in Rush concerts (plus the fact the songs are technically demanding... improvising a SW song would likely turn into a train wreck!).

By the way, since you spoke about being heavily influenced by Thomas Miller and Symphony X, I've been catching up on their catalog. Awesome stuff...thanks!

6. sebbewe

sebbewe New Metal Member

I was hoping for this kind of information! I'll continue with my own writing with these advices and tips in mind! Thanks.