This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Ilias7, Feb 7, 2020.

1. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

What I mean is that is mostly Bjorn playing a somng made by another guy. Acoustic with violins would definitely be interesting.

2. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

How dare you.
    Björn is like 50% of In Flames soo... if Flatwood Mac released all their songs under the same name, I guess this can be called an IF track as well.

3. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Have you read this part? "- New instrumental track titled “Themes And Variations In D-Minor” composed by Johannes Bergion"

4. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

Wasn't Battles written by a bunch of producers?

5. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Yes. But they allowed Bjorn and Anders to be a part of the composition process.

6. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

well, look at the bright side. maybe those who disliked the newer stuff may actually dig this one

7. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

lol, their thoughts on the original artwork align with mine. I always thought the Clayman booklet visuals were cool in theory, but poorly realized. That said, the new artwork is a little too much of a departure for my tastes, but it's still neat.

Instrumental track sounds cool — I think the safe bet is that it'll be a medley of various songs from Clayman. I'm a fan of the orchestral work on A New Dawn (and I think he and his crew performed with In Flames at Borgholm Brinner?), so I'm all for hearing a Johannes arrangement. Plus, it's not like he's some generic SiriusXM Octane regular.

8. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Now I'm thinking that this one recorded at SOAPF sessions. Might be a good one, interesting.

9. krofius

krofius Active Member

I mean it would make sense that it is a leftover from SOAPF sessions since it's the same guys and all...But it says it's a brand new recorded track so I dunno. I don't know why they wouldn't do that song with Howard as well when they re-recorded 4 tracks with him? Maybe because that Johannes guy etc is based in Sweden they went with Roberto for that track.

10. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

It says composed, not arranged. So we must expect a whole new song

11. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Has it been confirmed that they recorded the songs with Benson?

12. TheJestersDoor

TheJestersDoor Keep calm and bash Anders

I'm pretty sure it has but if not lets look at the evidence

- They recorded SOMETHING with Howard Benson earlier this year
    - Howard Benson has shared the shit out of all the marketing for this reissue
    - It sounds sterile as fuck

I think they recorded it with Benson guys XD

I'm waiting for the Q&A video Anders and Bjorn are doing, I asked a question about if they want to return to sweden to record in the future, and more specifically if they will ever work with Roberto Laghi and Daniel Bergstrand again

13. krofius

krofius Active Member

eochaid likes this.
  14. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I'm seeing the names on the mixing and mastering. It's just...

15. Starforsaken

Starforsaken Digital Prophet

I wish they didn't replace the old logo with their shitty newer scratch logo. Do you think Anders commissioned somebody to make that terrible logo because he's going through a mid-life crisis?

[​IMG]

16. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

Anders just can't fucking give a straight answer, lol. Like, I believe him, he just sounds so boring. I am referring to that small Revolver Magazine snippet about his favorite song from Clayman. Jesus, just pick one... I mean, I never heard that bridge story, so that's cool, but still.

17. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Anders always sounds bored when anybody asks him about Clayman or the 'good old days' in general. I genuinely think he doesn't like talking about it.

18. TheJestersDoor

TheJestersDoor Keep calm and bash Anders

From what I've heard and gathered Clayman especially was written at a time when Anders was incredibly unhappy with his personal life, something to do with a break-up was involved I believe, and we know his wife came in with R2R and helped him with lyrics. I've heard he really didn't enjoy the Clayman sessions also, so it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't particularly enjoy looking back on a time that was painful for him, and often it is through emotions that the best art is made. Clayman is a dark album, a lot of introspective lyrics about feeling inferior to others, reflecting on past mistakes, not knowing what sort of person to be, thoughts of suicide etc

As much as he can be dismissive at the past moreso than other bands, I give him a pass when talking about Clayman specifically.

19. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I'd buy that if they weren't remastering it and remaking some of the songs. I mean, it's not like they did that for TJR, Whoracle or Colony. If he hated that period so much I would think he would also be against the idea of remastering/remaking the album.

To me the way he talks about the whole thing makes it come off as a simple cash grab. An opportunity to make money on an old product without putting any real passion into it beyond some half-arsed remakes. We all heard how Clayman (the song) sounded - the production didn't exactly sound like it had much effort or passion put into it. The opposite if anything. It feels like they are more excited about the new artwork than any of the actual music on the album.

eochaid likes this.
  20. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

There was an interview that I think was posted on here a little while back where Anders was talking with some hyperactive guy about Clayman and particularly OFTW, and Anders seemed so bored answering any questions about both subjects. It sounded like he'd rather be talking about anything else. I was sitting there thinking you chose to rerelease this album with huge fanfare, so surely you should have expected that people were going to be asking questions about it? At least try to sound interested and passionate about it, even if you don't really feel that way, because if you sound bored talking about it then it isn't exactly going to entice people who haven't listened to the album before to go and check it out.