This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by PlainVanilla, Feb 1, 2016.

1. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I thought the Cloud Connected and Trigger videos were cool. OFTW vid was low budget and a bit try hard. Ordinary Story vid was interesting. I don't remember any N'Flaymz vids after 2002 worth watching.

2. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I caught up with a friend who went to the Download festival today - it was the first time they'd seen In Flames. First comment was "does the singer always sound that bad?"

3. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

Hi, guys!! New music video:

4. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

What the fuck, why aren't they coming to Hungary?! They have a neat setlist as well. I'd really love to hear Moonshield live.

5. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Maybe they read this forum after all.

JesterSlaveSucks likes this.
  6. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

If they are, then they'd even make a gig in my garden.

So lame, 3 years in a row now and not even a festival appearance. S1 go with me to Austria! :(

7. Midas

Midas Offended? Nobody cares.

Interesting. I wonder why it is unlisted.
    [​IMG]

I really like the video. I like it a lot, but man, the drums. I had forgotten how badly mixed and mastered they were.

#3727 Midas, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. krofius

krofius Active Member

Anyone heard anything at all about them having a keyboard player live? I haven't seen shit. Just saw several live videos where they have one just a few days ago.

EDIT: Seems to maybe just be a one-off festival thing, didn't see it on either Download festival or Sweden Rock from the weekend.

EDIT: Found him
    https://www.instagram.com/nielsnielsen/?hl=sv
    Seems like it might be a new member, not announced yet, or it's just a session live thing.

#3728 krofius, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  9. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

They should have hired a keyboard player years ago. Baffling that they never did considering their love of 80s synth pop.

10. krofius

krofius Active Member

Well a bunch of years ago they didn't want one. But I like keyboards, it could add another dimension to the live shows. But I looked at the dude's Facebook and it seems he was just invited for a few shows. Maybe they wanted to try it out to see if it could be an option in the future.

11. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

Revisited Battles recently and I've come to determine that "Before I Fall" is probably my favorite on the record. Lyrics could use some work but I just like the vibe and how everything comes together. In some distant way the main riff/chorus reminds me of the old Sega Genesis game Sub-Terrania, even though there isn't much melodic resemblance.

Watching the "Save Me" video and I just can't help but realize that Anders always manages to find himself in the worst situations. Tied up in the middle of the street, trapped on a ferris wheel, etc. And then there was that time he was a cyborg?

I liked the camera work during the shots of the band playing. Always liked that lens effect - I'm not sure what it's called, but Chevelle's video for "Letter From a Thief" makes use of it, too.

The gore was a bit gratuitous but I like how such a happy/positive-sounding song is set to something so grisly. Definitely like the song a bit more now that there's this darker, weirder aspect to it.

12. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Love the video. Looks like "extreme" guys who want Jester Race 2 chasing and kidnapping Anders. Actually DE4life would suit that video very well, chasing Anders with Jester Race in his hand. :D

Ilias7 likes this.
  13. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Well, I certainly wouldn't be using that hammer to build a ladder.

only4theweak187 likes this.
  14. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    Speaking of similarities, that vocal melody from Save Me's chorus always sounded familiar to me.

The "I've been trying so hard but I can't see that far" and "Don't hesitate, don't you push me away" parts sound pretty alike. :)

EDIT: The time tag isn't working; start listening at 2:02

15. only4theweak187

Hellfest

Graspop

16. InWaves

InWaves Member

What the hell is Anders thinking in that second clip? He yells and screams his brains out in the first chorus and it doesn't even sound good. Then he is out of voice during the rest of the song lol.

It would be funny if every band member would care as little as him about their instruments.

#3736 InWaves, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  17. krofius

krofius Active Member

He sounded fucking great on the entire Hellfest performance, and much much better on Here Until Forever at Hellfest than the Graspop one. And the quality is definitely not as good either on the Graspop one, it sounds way more muddier, like it's cutting off almost at times. I think he sounds good, the second clip he's struggling a bit (ontop of how the audio sounds) but he's hitting the cleans in the chorus very good, no complaints from me there. Just on the Graspop clip the screams seem like they are cutting off, but it's the audio mostly.

The way they are doing Moonshield live on the current tours by the way, it sounds better than ever before, Anders is doing almost exclusively death growling on it too which is sick, and I love the modified live intro instead of the acoustic intro. Listen to the Hellfest 2017 one, so good.

18. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Anders could be belching the entirety of Moonshield and you'd say it was the best rendition ever though :D

19. A88

A88 Bottled - really not the worst IF song ever.

That show doesn't sound bad but... damn, Anders can't sing. It's just mindblowing that some people actually stand and listen him butchering songs, trying to breathe, missing notes... Also, keyboard guy is funny. IF were lazy and didn't include some cool new parts for his instrument so he's just standing/dancing there fixing his hair from time to time.

20. krofius

krofius Active Member

ok