This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by PlainVanilla, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    He did write some. Björn co-wrote 3 songs on TJR and 5 on Whoracle and is credited for playing guitar on both albums. Sure, the TJR/Whoracle style was developed mostly by Jesper and Glenn, but Björn did contribute as well. :)

I think the liner notes said "additional guitar" though, so he probably didn't play that much.

#4421 Jabi, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

He was hired under the condition of playing the solos.

3. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Bjorn wrote all the way back to TJR you idiots.
    Not every song, but he contributed to a good number of classic IF songs pre-colony

4. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Autism

5. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

@DE4life To be fair, Bjorn wrote a shitload of killer solos on SOAPF. He said he really focused on the solos on that album and I think it's true.

I can agree that overuse of a Wah pedal can be obnoxious because it becomes an over-reliant attribute that kills the possibility to make the solo sound more diverse, but there's nothing inherently wrong with using a wah. It's an expression pedal meant to control the tone of the guitar. That said, there's definitely times when it's more tasteful to just switch between bridge and neck pickups to color the tone for your solo.

Also, I definitely wouldn't call it "wanky". Wanky is Dream Theater. Bjorn isn't a shredder, he's more in the middle of wailing melodic solos and doing some runs up and down scales once in a while, but he doesn't openly rip on a guitar, which honestly, can be debatably more tasteful than shred wanking anyways.

6. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I don't have any problem with Bjorn's stuff pre-SC. But SC and Battles have been garbage, the guy has been on autopilot the last couple of albums and needs to get his head back into the game if he wants In Flames to continue to have any relevance.

galvanized likes this.
  7. galvanized

galvanized Member

Agree. If the 2019 album is another SOAPF I’ll stop complaining. If they half ass it again it’s over.

Jabi likes this.
  8. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Artifacts of the black rain
    Lord Hypnos
    Wayfarer
    Goliath's disarm their David's
    Jotun
    Food for the god's
    The hive
    Morphing into primal

9. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

If you're describing your current state then I agree.

10. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

11. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

12. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    Dialogue with the Stars, too.

Then on Colony and Clayman it just said "all music by Strömblad & Gelotte" if I remember correctly.

13. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Yes, I missed that one. I named only songs previous to colony because those were precisely what our nra friend was referring to.

From onwards all the music was written by Jesper and Bjorn.

14. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

I'm describing your out-of-ass falsified information that you keep spewing to try to assure everyone is fact.
    You can't just go "Oh didn't do shit" because of how you feel, dumbass.

15. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

"Leads" aren't just guitar solos, you sperg. Leads consist of melodies any anything that isn't rhythm based playing. In Flames is a very melodic band. They don't just play rhythm throughout 90% of the song and bust out a lead for a solo.

For instance, moonshield has a shitload of leads over the rhythms in the verses and even the chorus, but they're not guitar solos.
    Where the fuck are you getting these conclusions?

16. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Like seriously. The whole reason why he named his new guitar "Jotun" is because he co-wrote it. You don't do that if you just "wrote the solo of the song".

What did change, is how much he contributed. While Jesper and Glenn were the forefront during TJR and Whoracle, Bjorn still contributed a decent amount. While you can hear more of it on Colony and on, you can still hear it within TJR and Whoracle.

17. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Who said otherwise? Who said that he contributed shit to the band? I stayed a fact. Then I proved that you were right as for his contribution to the first to albums, thing that you were just too lazy to do.

But that has nothing to do with a new beginning proving that he contributed a lot or nothing to the first years of the band. This is were you're wrong but, as ever, you're just too blinded by the fact that I'm saying this or that instead of discussing if what I say is right or wrong.

Allow me to explain it in a way that even you can understand it. Bjorn's apport to IF is beyond dispute. He was a big part of the band from the moment that he entered, and that does not change the fact that he was hired under the condition of playing the leads. Nobody suggested that the leads were only the solo parts. ThatsT you making assumptions.

A new beginning is as much proof of Björn's contribution as Through Oblivion is proof of his lack of contribution. They have nothing to do with it. His name in the credits is what tells us how.muvh he contributed to the band.

Did you understand or should I say it using more simple words?

18. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I said that he was "commanded" to.play the leads, not that he could only write his parts. It's you making assumptions.

19. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Do you read my comments or you just come to the conclusions that you want.

You don't like me, so yoully never, probably, suck my dick. I'm ok with it. Dissapointed but ok. If you just, I don't know, instead of coming to conclusions, ask what I mean or try to have a decent conversation, maybe you should not look like an angry dick and we could come to a pint of agreement, even if we agree to disagree.

It's just that your shitty attitude makes wanna laugh, so, maybe, I'm being "obscure" on purpose.

So.maybe, if you try to change your attitude, I will try to change mine.

20. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

With all the spelling/grammatical errors littered in those paragraphs, you just might have to, lmao.

You literally stated "He was hired to play solos". That explicitly suggests that he only did the solos on the first 2 real-band IF albums. He contributed to the leads in the songs he was credited on.

The whole point of me saying "You can hear his influence on In Flames" is because you can hear part of that writing style that he keeps dormant these days, hearkens back to the TJR/Whoracle/Colony guitar playing style.

It's obviously he contributed to the band's guitars ever since he was in the band, but yes, you can argue how much he did, but it's pretty fucking obvious, he didn't do "just scraps". You're making it sound like he only did 5% of anything back then.