This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released in 2019

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Jabi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Sister Of Destruction

Sister Of Destruction Polish Behemoth Club

Oh fuck you :rofl:

2. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Amazing song. My favourite along with crawl through knives.

I was listening yesterday to dead eyes. Ot as bad as I remeber but, wvdrything that could be right about that song is destroyed by the overdued synths during the guitar solo and the end of the song. An example of how bad choices downgrade a song. Also, I think, that song would've gained by being acoustic instead of electric.

3. DE4life

DE4life DEM GROWLS (© Krofius)

Well, I was half joking. I got their debut album and remember thinking it was okay. Everything after that is anal gravy though. Unfortunate but looking at them it's more of a surprise they made a small amount of good music.

No need for the swearing, Tsundere of Destruction. What's your beef with Vanishing Light?

They did Dead Eyes acoustic on one of those live sets... sucked a dick. They need a good singer first and foremost to make that work.

4. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Of course that it sucked, because of Anders. And he's going to make a mess of that song being acoustic or being electric. That's not my point. My point is that it's more suitef for acoustic than for electric. And that the synths do not suit the song. Tbey should now when electronics are not needed.

5. DE4life

An acoustic version of Dead Eyes with a different vocalist would probably sound pretty good. As an In Flames song with Anders on vocals, though, it's probably better off as it is. Honestly, it's one of the better tracks on SC imo. As far as being a slower paced IF ballad-type song it's okay. Not a patch on Satellites & Astronauts, Metaphor, Dawn of a New Day, Evil in a Closet or even Liberation, but it's not terrible. The synths are unnecessary, but there's a ton of IF tracks you could say that for, even going back to Colony and Clayman. It's even a problem on Cyhra's Letters to Myself. I guess if there's one thing Anders and Jesper have in common it's using synths when they aren't really needed.

eochaid likes this.
  6. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

It's like some kind of mental illness. The overuse of synths.

7. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac Member

The synth fixation is a result of these guys having an affinity for 80's pop. Some bands do it well, some don't. DT's Haven was synth central. DT has good keyboard/synth sensibility, but Haven was just oversaturated with it. That's why I'm hoping that Niels guy actually joins the band as a full-time member so the keys have more a professional and focused direction, rather than being something they just throw in.

Try being a fan of Theatre of Tragedy. Those guys went from gothic metal to fucking unironic Europop in the course of one album. Granted, I still even liked that.

"Dead Eyes" is great. I'm okay with the synths, personally — the song makes me visualize a futuristic city skyline in evening and the whole thing just feels really cool, imo — but it's the key change in the bridge that kind of bothers me.

Anders notwithstanding, the acoustic version of the song is excellent. The hammer-ons translate so well to acoustic guitar and instrumentally it resembles classic IF to me. It's good in my book. "With Eyes Wide Open" is the superior SC ballad, however.

#947 ThePhobiac, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    eochaid likes this.
  8. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

Wtf is with Mexicans not uploading setlists?

9. krofius

krofius Active Member

They're busy eating tacos

Sister Of Destruction likes this.
  10. Vermyn

Vermyn Member

I don’t blame them...

11. DE4life

Better than Sonic Syndicate. Also:

So despite cries to the contrary on here, stuff like that does happen.

12. Sister Of Destruction

This song from Sonic is fu●□♡◇☆ masterpiece

13. krofius

krofius Active Member

Yeah that's probably my favorite song from the 1st album. I wish Karin did more backing vocals, she had really nice gothic style vocals.

14. Riamu

Riamu Member

15. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

I saw an interesting commend on Youtube today abot Clayman:

"It's funny everyone seems to really miss this era of In Flames, because at the time, the underground metal community at large was calling the album "Gayman", accusing the band of selling out etc."

This commend reminds me this forum somehow..

Getting hyped!

Jaymzkrueger likes this.
  16. DE4life

Yep, I remember it well. Gayman, Penis Ride, Only For the Wank, etc. Good times I guess.

I mean, really, there were even people complaining about Whoracle and Colony. The trve old school elite fans were total dickheads, although there are hardly any of them left these days. Generally speaking those who are left from the older generation of fans are the ones who loved everything up until R2R.

17. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    I cannot accept Clayman as "the sellout album". Of course, it all depends on one's definition of "selling out". I remember Peter saying that from Clayman on they intentionally started making their music more accessible so I guess that to some, that alone suffices for admitting to having "sold out."

In my opinion though, "selling out" equals "changing only because of money." But even Jesper, who was probably the most old school metal guy of them all said, in an interview I recently read, that the spirit and essence of In Flames (or something like that) only went missing after Reroute. (He said the rest of the albums are still decent but missing something.) For this reason I disagree with anyone saying IF sold out with Clayman, or even with Reroute... whether they "sold out" with STYE or some later album I do not know and I don't really care either. I wasn't there, as a fly on the ceiling (does this idiom exist in English?) listening to their conversations about musical direction.

#957 Jabi, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:22 PM
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 1:36 PM
  18. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    I agree.

I'm not saying this forum is completely without elitist overtones, but compared to those folks we're a bunch of fanboys. :D

19. galvanized

galvanized Member

Clayman was a sell out but it still sounded good. Reroute sounded like a sell out but it’s obvious they were all into it. So I could agree that STYE was the true sell out album.

N*Flamez

20. Sister Of Destruction

Clayman was a border between old if and new..