This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Jabi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Agree. I'm not going to rag on it too much, but the intro is the only good thing about that track. Everything else is just plain bad. No idea why anybody would want to see it live when there are so many better songs, even from that same album.

2. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Till we have some information about the new one, I think it'll continue like this. Wonder how weirder it'll get. :D

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

If we all work on triggering Slave re: Jesper I think we could easily get him to write the largest, craziest post in this forum's history.

@eochaid , I leave the operation in your hands.

JesterSlaveSucks likes this.
  4. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Too much pressure! Panic mode on!

5. Sister Of Destruction

Sister Of Destruction #teamjesterslave

JesterSlave's fav band

6. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

What the fuck is this shit? Tesco Hollywood Undead + Lidl A Day To Remember? Here, let me show you some real stuff.

Also, guys, this is bullying and I already reported this to the police. Enjoy your jail time.

7. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I tried and I failed. :D

8. krofius

krofius Active Member

Don't know what you want me to translate since he's only speaking English lol. Can't really hear what he said there in the end was a bit mumbly but it was English. It sounded a bit weird cause he's not a good english talker, but it's easy to understand what he means.

9. Sister Of Destruction

Still better talker than Niclas :rofl:

10. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Did you really? :D

11. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I'm not at my best right now. Just give me some time ;)

12. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Hmm, I'm pretty sure Jesper talking to Peter at 9:43 isnt English but anyway.

13. galvanized

galvanized Member

Heck yeah, best Big Bang album. I have the physical album with the cards or something. “Feeling” is the best song.

14. galvanized

galvanized Member

Subterranean production is awesome. You can hear the bass crystal clear. Honestly TJR is a step down after Subterranean.

Also, I do agree that Henke Forss was a better vocalist on Subterranean than Stanne was on LS. But Stanne was still decent and after listening several times to both albums today I think the biggest issue is the vocals are mixed slightly too high on LS.

Listen to Dark Tranquillity Skydancer and Anders sounds nearly the same. Stanne is totally on par for an extreme metal vocalist of that era. When his voice breaks or gets screamy to me that’s a plus and even the charm of early Anders.

But Henke might be better than both Stanne and Anders. He was the vocalist for Dawn. I’m personally a big fan of that era’s melodic black metal (Ulver, Dawn, Dissection, Emperor, etc) plus bands like At the Gates so of course I’m down.

If anything brings LS down it’s the songwriting and production. Prototype is absolutely the right word.

15. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

Disturbed, Architects, All That Remains...all of them finished recording their new albums later than In Flames and yet they are releasing them this year...

I've made my peace with the fact that In Flames won't release their new album this year. I hope for an early 2019 release, so we can get to hear some new music in November or December.

16. Sierota

Sierota New Metal Member

Hey everyone. New member alert. I've been stalking this shit for quite a while, so I thought I'd actually join in.

A little background on me: I first heard In Flames when I downloaded Moonshield on Kazaa or something in the early 2000's and I was hooked. I then saw them here in Chicago opening for Iced Earth who were touring for their Horror Show album (fuck yeah). They became my fav band for about a decade until I started losing interest due to the downhill slide of their music. I also interviewed Anders during the Come Clarity tour for my metal radio show at the time. I also posted on the Everdying boards for a while.

A couple apparently controversial opinions: I like Lunar Strain quite a bit. It's only when I got online that I realized a lot of people think it sucks. I even like Everlost Part 1. It's not as good as their other classic albums but I think it deserves to be in the same company. I also think SOAPF pretty much sucks. It's the album that made me give up on the band.

Also, anyone think the intro riff here sounds almost exactly like Bullet Ride?

17. Sierota

Sierota New Metal Member

Looks like he's Polish. Co to kurwa jest?

Here's another good one:

18. Sister Of Destruction

No I think he is russian or some shi☆☆

19. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Hey man, welcome!

That riff sounds exactly like Bulled Ride actually, huge ripoff :D And whats wrong with SOAPF? I can understand that you're fan of old albums and I think SOAPF has that quality. I think you heard A New Dawn from that album, one of the best songs IF had released within the "new era". I think this album was Anders and Björn saying that "we can do it without Jesper" which they proved it. I love everything about this album; lyrics,guitars,drums,sound structures. The only thing I cant accept about the album is "The Puzzle", I just cant get into that song. :D

20. Sierota

Sierota New Metal Member

Hey! Hard to explain why...I just don't think most of the songs are memorable. I barely remember what most of them sound like. It's not because I hate their newer stuff, btw. I actually think ASOP is a pretty good album and the last one of theirs that I liked. I even like Chosen Pessimist, though it would be dreadful live, I think. All of their albums up to that point have good stuff on them imo.