This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Jabi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Why the fuck it would not? We'll see when it's released but there's a chance that thatst the direction they're taking now.

I suppose that we won't pretend that the covers sound like the original songs.

#61 eochaid, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

It's generally hard to second guess these idiots, I wouldn't have guessed that Siren Charms would be excreted after the excellent SOAPF, which in of itself was a good surprise after the lacklustre ASOP.

That said, as they are recording in LA again, chilling at Starbucks with CJ and Bryce Paul, I tend to agree with Krofi-chan that it'll probably be Battles II.

Ilias7 likes this.
  3. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I see the ep as a progression from battles.

#63 eochaid, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  4. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

So far I've only seen photos of Anders and Bjorn recording. Niclas is still in Sweden busy with Engel stuff. I suppose he won't be part of the writing process this time

5. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Nicolás has started another band, has released an album and is making new music for that band.

6. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

You're talking about the band Engel. They' ve been around since 2008 with Niclas on guitar and they have some pretty interesting songs. They 've just released a new album, indeed. I'm just saying that this is poor timing. Anders and Bjorn could have waited for Niclas before entering the studio. I'm sure they could use some fresh ideas from him

7. krofius

krofius Active Member

Niclas has like 4 bands. I don't know if he was involved at all in songwriting on the new Engel album, I don't think so, he's not in any music videos or anything either for the songs. I know he's still ''in the band'' though.

The direction they're taking is covers of 4 different songs from 4 different groups/artists with different sounds? Nice.

8. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I think that he is acting as a creative advisor or something like this.

I don't see four different sounds there. Possibly two, since nin covers differs from the first three songs. But there are lots of similarities in the way that they did those covers. The differences are not due to the way that they approached the songs but due to the different styles of the original artists.

#68 eochaid, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  9. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

He writes songs for them, but he is not an actual member of the band

#69 Ilias7, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    eochaid likes this.
  10. galvanized

galvanized Member

I thought Engel was his band and even named after him?

11. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

You are right, Engel is his band. However after joining In Flames permanently he had no time to perform with them, so he just writes their songs and promotes the band.

12. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

According to Bjorn's hastags about the new album, they are "almost there".

13. galvanized

galvanized Member

Wow that’s crazy. Talented artist starts and writes music for multiple bands. Joins a band but has limited creative input. Keeps writing for his other bands but has no time to play with those bands. Hired band members with limited creative input to play his songs and keep bands that are literally named after him going.

The cycle continues.

Ilias7 likes this.
  14. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I don't know if that's true or totally teuw. He just started another band, has released an album, is writing new songs for that band and is looking forward to play with them live. So, maybe, he just lost interest in Engel.

15. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

16. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

eochaid likes this.
  17. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

I like The Darkest Void. First Engel song I've listened to, so if the rest are like that, maybe I should check them out.

You guys haven't mentioned JAKE on this page yet, so here I am, doing the deed for you.

As for recording this album in the vein of Battles, you should be happy about it. Battles was not garbage to the core, so if they can actually build upon it and learn from their mistakes, then it has the potential to be a great record. I'd rather them finally sticking to a style and trying to perfect it, than travel around the world for each new record. Also, if they want to make poppy sounding records, then no one can stop them, so once again, at least they are working with people whom are experienced in that genre and in working with In Flames.

I personally can not wait for the next Patric Ulleus music video to push me through the edge, and just go to the nearest woods with a rope. Before falling asleep, do you ever think about the fact that this guy is making a living by making shittier videos than some random person with a GoPro? My night routine before sleep is usually contemplating about death, the beginning/"birth" of the Universe, and right after those, Patric Ulleus. Sometimes I feel that I have a better chance understanding and coming to terms with the former two eventually.

18. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Funnily enough your choice of nightly reflection topics does not surprise me at all.

19. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

I left out the fear of dying alone. Not nearly as scary as the other 3 though.

20. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

Hopefully, they will make a proper music video for the new album. Music videos for the end and the truth were without band performing and the music video for save me was crappy.