This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by krofius, Jan 14, 2011.

1. IntoPhagist

IntoPhagist FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!

As an In Flames' Fanboy here, I'm pleased for what I'm hearing. I honestly enjoy every album so far even if some weren't up to par I still find things to like. I love the weird tribal/melodic poppy passage at the end of the video. And the 30 second clip gave me a boner. I can't wait to hear the Solos and Anders on this album.

2. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Yeah his voice sounds a bit less whiney. Sounds like he might have nailed the hard rock yell-singing thing, which can be pretty cool if done right.

The production sounds way better than ASOP, ASOP seriously sounds like it was missing balls in the production but it seems like it's back on that clip.

I hope that the background music heard on the studio episode is part of their album, because I think a direction into dark atmospheric stuff would be awesome, kind of like Dark Tranquillity but in In Flames style.

I remember in the ASOP studio episodes, the producer removed the tube screamer from the amp, which I think is a bad move since adding an overdrive pedal behind an amp gets you a very good tone. Maybe they didn't on this album. I donno, ASOP's tone wasn't bad but it lacked balls.

3. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

I agree. The drums sounded SO weak on ASOP though- as though they were muffled. These drums sound kick-ass (as Daniel quite rightly says in the video). In the 30 second clip they add tonnes of energy and have a real clear and punchy sound.

4. IntoPhagist

Yeah, ASOP had bad production, as soon as the heavy riff in Mirror's Truth comes in you can't even feel it. It sounds weak. The rest of the album is better though.

5. IntoPhagist

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8hR-4ZE3zg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Some more riffs

6. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

Hey, Krofius, shouldn't we be getting access to the second studio report soon? I'm dying to hear more/see more of the recording process etc.

7. ante979

ante979 Member

be patient,new episode comes tomorow :D

8. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

Cheers, i was wondering what was going on- thought they said that there would be footage released every 2 weeks and haven't been keeping track of time. Wonder what type of masterful clip they are going to reveal to us this time!

9. krofius

krofius Active Member

I have already seen it a couple of hours ago, muwahhahwahhahaha. One of the perks of being a Jesterhead member ;) We get the studio episodes 1day before the others. You'll hear another riff this time of another song, it sounds pretty awesome, among other things in the clip as well...Don't want to spoil it for you :p

10. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

Damn you!! How much is it join Jesterhead? I want in!

Plus... thought it was meant to be out today :( the day is getting old, and i am getting impatient!

11. ante979

ante979 Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2vbxZMS6Uo&feature=feedwll[/ame]

12. Erik Erna

Erik Erna Sheriff Of T.S.G

The samples they are using sound eerie and intriguing. I'm getting more and more excited by the day,

13. IntoPhagist

This is def gonna be better then the last couple, I have that feeling.

14. krofius

krofius Active Member

It's not much at all, and you get an awesome member only T-shirt along with some other shit, + all the material (THERE IS A LOT) and the forum of course.
    Anyways, here's a 1min preview of Deliver Us, the quality is fucking atrocious though:
    Damn that fucking chorus is awesome, and it will for sure get stuck on you.
    FLYYYY INTO THE DISTAAAAANCE (distant?) Damn I feel like Anders cleans has severely improved. And this clip has such a shitty quality as well, can't wait to hear the full thing with awesome quality in just 7 fucking days! Next Friday.

#234 krofius, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  15. ante979

ante979 Member

I am so fucking addicted to that chorus!!!

16. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

Thanks for the one minute teaser, Krofius, though the quality is terrible (where the hell did you get it from?) It's shaping up to be a great track, the next 7 days are going to drag i bet!

In the second studio report i'm really liking the synth section at 3:30 onwards and the section at 4:20 is amazing! Sounds like it was recorded in a factory! This would be a great direction for the mellow sections of the album to go in!

EDIT: Here's a song to pleasure your ears. Just thought i'd throw it out there- Anders and Niclas Engelin making magic!

#236 Dantess9226, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. AntiWiggin

AntiWiggin Member

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

18. krofius

krofius Active Member

yes

19. IntoPhagist

I have the single! If you want a link let me know.

Here's my take from a long time In Flames fan. If you been with them this whole time and appreciated and grew with all the changes and enjoyed every In Flames album I think you'll love the single.

The intro is chilling a lot of different keyboard sounds and leads going on. The production sounds like the most Dynamic they have ever sounded, Anders vocals are the strongest they have been in a while and are up in the mix. The solo is very nice but to short I wish they went on a little more longer, Overall I give the song a 7/10 and can say this sounds like a refreshing new sound for them. I guess it's like Reroute/Sense with a twist. \m/

20. TheCharade

TheCharade Member

I link would definitely be lovely please.