This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by krofius, Jan 14, 2011.

1. En-Loss

En-Loss Member

So can we talk real quick about how lame this "Insense" band Anders keeps promoting is?

2. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

I've only heard the one song and I thought it was pretty cool. But one song doesn't make a band good, so I can't really talk about them.

3. Otterpelt

Otterpelt I'll shut up soon

I love bottles.

Also, Bottled is beautiful. Great chorus, and the scream at 2:10 still gives me chills from time to time.

Scream has a good riff intro, but when Anders kicks in, I lose that spark. Don't get me wrong, good thrash, but the song earns my respect at 1:51

4. krofius

krofius Active Member

Yes when I get it I can do that, unless someone gets it before me and posts it. I ordered the Ltd Box Set edition thingy, and it said it would arrive at my door June 17th (Friday). We'll see if it does arrive then.

5. Jester313

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I ordered the same one but I live in the U.S. so I had to order the import from Amazon. I think it says mine will arrive on the 28th or something (that's way too long from now.)

6. DigiV

DigiV Member

Ok, i take back what i said earlier about this not being better than ASOP. It definitely is better, much better.

Other songs have grown on me considerably, especially Ropes. I wish there was a bit more of a metal vibe on this record but for what it is it is a good album. Hell, even my gf likes this album (that could or could not be a bad thing).

It would have been nicer to have faster, more aggressive songs on here, cuz i don't know how much longer this album will last in my rotation if it gets watered down. However, I do know that I enjoy it for what it is and I'll definitely go back to it from time to time.

7. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

It's quite funny reading In Flames guestbook from 2000... people saying "Clayman is too soft/commercial" ... haha :D I think this album will be looked upon favourably in In Flames' history. It deserves to be.

I tried to listen to ASOP earlier... oh my God, it's even worse than I remember :D why are the guitars so fucking WEAK? The vocals are even worse than I recalled, Anders sounds incredibly bored and tired. Just when I thought my opinion of ASOP couldn't go any lower it plummets even further :D

8. Jester313

I think some of the guitars are pretty heavy in ASOP. The lead guitars aren't, but a lot of the riffs are. Also, ASOP sounds the best in my car stereo (not counting SOAPF). It has the most full sound.

9. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

It would only sound heavy if you'd never heard metal before in your life :D it's like they were afraid the guitars were going to offend people unless they were all soft and poppy... fuck that :D thank goodness they rectified that on SOAPF!

10. Jester313

So I'm googling to find what lyrics are out there for this album and so far, I've read what is there for All For Me and The Puzzle, and I have no idea what the hell these people are listening to or hearing because some of the things they come up with is so damn hysterical, but at the same time, very, very sad and depressing.

11. GraemeSinclair

March to the Shore's pretty heavy, but then it's the best song on the album by a country mile. I listened to Delight and Angers there and was like :err: now embarking on another straight through listen of SOAPF. Long live Melodic Death Metal.

12. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

March to the Shore does manage to be marginally heavier but really... the guitar tone on the album as a whole just really sucks. It's fuzzy and weak. Easily the worst production they've ever had on an album.

13. Otterpelt

Otterpelt I'll shut up soon

You know what song doesn't feature fuzzy and weak guitars?

Bottled

14. legend0909

legend0909 New Metal Member

Someone recently commented on how bad some interpretations of lyrics from these new songs were when searching online. So I decided to take a look and was shocked. It's amazing how poorly some interpretations are. My favorite is when someone who thought the line ending with "the puzzle" was "the post-soul." The song is called THE PUZZLE. Of all parts to mess up, this one is kind of obvious. Kind of.

15. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Yeah... a shame it's the worst song known to man, eh? :D

16. Final_Vision

Final_Vision This is Not an Exit

LOL. I just went to go play Bottled on my iTunes library and realized I had deleted it so that "Discover Me Like Emptiness" would be the closer instead. I knew I hated that song, but damn...

17. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

DE4life, did you checked MA - Too Extreme! ? :D After this song you will love Bottled :)
    P.S Why the hell i woke up today, and in my head i was singing "Dreanched In Fear" :err:

18. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

All the Words i hear.... nah-na-nah-nah-naaah! All Drenched In Fear!!

19. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

No I forgot.... i'll listen to it when I get home tonight :D

It means you're turning gay.... sorry for the bad news :(

20. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

Drenched in Fear used to be my favourite song from ASOP, really catchy tune with a great melodic side- in fact it has no other side. I think it's just let down by the terrible, uninspired lyrics that you can find all over the album. My favourite's off of ASOP probably now go a little something like this:

1. The Chosen Pessimist
    2. Sober and Irrelevant
    3. Alias
    4. Drenched in Fear

The rest can go fuck right off!