This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by krofius, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ante979

ante979 Member

now we need another video,they cant record a video for only one song,asop have videos for alias,delight and angers and mirrors truth

2. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

Well we need to change that then, don't we?

3. Dantess9226

Dantess9226 FINN BALOR

I'll be posting here regularly as long as there are others to discuss all things In Flames with! :D

4. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Well, I'll be hanging around for sure.

5. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

Yeah, As i said, album misses something. My will to listen to SOAPF has faded... I guess after a year probably i will listen to two or three songs :eek: But for sure albums is good.

6. drawntoblack

drawntoblack Member

I have to say that I liked The Attic after some listening. I'd even count it as a proper song now. For some reason I really like the guitar melodies and the atmosphere they make. Interesting lyrics too.

Now a lot of tracks stand out for me, instead of just 3. The only songs that I dont like are All For Me, Jester's Door (I like the concept, but the way its done is just dissapointing) and that chorus from Deliver Us. I really liked it in the first, but now its just irritating for some reason. I have to say that Anders really stepped up his vocals, clean ones sound really really good. I would love to hear Ropes or Where the Dead Ships Dwell live, just to see if he could pull it off :)

There are a lot of things I'd like to see done differently on this album, but overall its much better than I expected, and I will definitely be listening to it for a while. The only "issues" that bother me at the moment are the fact that there are like 5 or 6 riffs in different songs that sound almost identical, and that there are couple of moments that sound really... Childish? Uplifting, but really cheesy, like bunch of 15 year olds wrote the music instead of people who are deep in their 40's, and who once upon a time released an album called "Clayman".

7. Final_Vision

Final_Vision This is Not an Exit

Totally agree about The Attic. I like it in the same way I like The Chosen Pessimist: it creates a nice, dark picture with the atmosphere and the lyircs. I don't view at as filler at all. The only song I could potential skip on a play-through is "Jester's Door", which I actually really enjoy but it's less a song and more of a "message."

Definitely don't get any of the cheesiness that you're mentioning. Examples?

8. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I agree in regards to the riffs, a few songs with intros that sound very similar. Similarly some of the verse riffs seem recycled a few times in the album, hidden somewhat by the vocal melodies. Overall it doesn't really detract from the atmosphere, but it's a little disappointing to hear it considering most of their past albums, even including STYE and ASOP, did not do this.

The only childish thing I find about the album is some of the lyrics, but it's Anders, the same man who wrote "I feel like shit but at least I feel something", "delight and angers I guess that's the way it's supposed to be", "drown the monster, make all bad things go away" and "I like you better dead, and I'm better off alone!!!!!" so I think it's a given that some of the lyrics will be on the childish side :D overall his lyrics on SOAPF are vastly improved, though.

9. FJChaos

FJChaos Señor Member

I got the SOAPF with a shirt in the mail today. :)
    O_O But the weird thing is I'm from America and it comes out the 21st here.

10. En-Loss

En-Loss Member

Well, CMDistro said they ship the week of the 14th, maybe they sent it early by accident? Either way that's pretty cool. How's the shirt look IRL?

11. TheCharade

TheCharade Member

September's here again
    Every insecurity reminds you
    Who's at the helm?
    Darker times
    With fear in the eyes
    Who's the man in charge?

Invented isolation
    Alone and safe inside
    Struggle with words,
    That make sense in time
    Yet waiting for someone to enter say "I have a better plan"

Never have to worry
    For all that we know
    The truth be told
    As we lay down low
    Walking the thin line
    Let the happiness in
    For now it's fine
    We're living the lie

When light breaks
    Another way to matter
    All questions somehow answered
    When life comes crushing
    At the early break of day
    We've only come so far

Never have to worry
    For all that we know
    The truth be told
    As we lay down low
    Walking the thin line
    Let the happiness in
    For now it's fine
    We're living the lie

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/i/in_flames/#share

i'm liking the lyrics in this song. good stuff! oh, and hello again... haven't been on in a week or so, lol

12. drawntoblack

drawntoblack Member

I expressed myself poorly, its not that they are cheesy as much as they dont fit the mood of the overall song. I already mentioned that pre-chorus part of Fear is the weakness. The whole song has this atmospheric/melancholic vibe, and then that totally uplifting-sounding part comes up, with lyrics that don't suit it at all, and just ruins the buildup of the song for me. Ofcourse, this is just my opinion.

13. Jester313

Darker Times was the hardest song for me to guess the lyrics to, but I think I did a pretty good job. Thanks for posting the actual ones TheCharade.

14. Deveianse

Deveianse Member

I received my Limited Deluxe today, fucking insane stuff and I got all the lyrics :D:D

15. FJChaos

FJChaos Señor Member

Nope, it says it shipped on the 14th. I guess the mailman crossed the country fast enough. And the shirt looks really cool irl. I don't remember if you could see it or not, but the back has a couple of those birds featured in the album/single art and the side has a quote from Ropes, "You're waiting for something you can't have".

BTW does anyone else think that Ropes seems like Borders And Shading 2.0? (in a good way)

16. En-Loss

En-Loss Member

well, I'll be checking my mail today. I wonder if the limited deluxe is shipping this quick, or if all orders are. Either way, mine needs to get here so I can see the album art.

17. Jester313

I don't feel that Ropes is anything like Borders and Shading, lyrically or instrumentally. Also, you guys who are getting your Limited Deluxe editions, where do you live?

18. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Have to agree with J313, I hear a bit of Swim in the Ropes intro but that's about it.

19. Jester313

Yeah, if anything, I hear more of a Swim riff. But even so, there is a different feeling to it.

20. replicator

replicator Made in Vinnland

I´m waiting for my deluxe edition and T shirt combo to arrive soon. This album is on my top list from this year for sure.