This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames to enter studio next week

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by krofius, Oct 5, 2010.

1. krofius

krofius Active Member

Taken from their website:
    So it seems that they are remaining as a four piece band with live session guitarist? Or maybe they have someone already and just aren't revealing anything. Personally I'm really pumped for this shit, will be really interesting how the sound will turn out without Jesper, unless he magically came back without any news posted about it.

2. FJChaos

FJChaos Señor Member

I'm really pumped too. I'm curious as to how the new album will sound. Especially with Anders' now more aggressive vocals and Bjorn's riffs and melodies/the new guitarist (if there is one).

3. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Yeah I really hope they pull another more aggressive album.

4. karver

karver Member

like like like
    Wish them to find new power in their new era.. I'm looking forward to see it.

5. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Yeah hopefully they're put out something new and refreshing for a new decade.

6. krofius

krofius Active Member

Yeah it'll be really interesting to see (if Björn's the only guitarist) what things he can pull off, I'm not doubting it at least, that's for sure. I'm also hoping for something more CC-agression-wise-sounding-album.

7. Resonator

Resonator Member

I agree with krofius in his description. We're rooting for ya, In Flames!

BRING THE SHRED (And krofius' suggestion, that would be really cool)!!!!!!!!

:kickass::kickass:

8. EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.

Ill be honest, Im kinda worried. I really dont know how open I am to this. Being as they are my favorite band not having Jesper really bothers me. I dont know Ill wait and see. Its kinda an emotional roller coaster for me.

9. IntoPhagist

IntoPhagist FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!

If anything maybe not having Jesper will make the album better? I've am a fanboy and own everything In Flames...I would love to hear like you guys said something more agressive ala Come Clarity. I like ASOP but the production and song choices were horrible, Why leave off the 3 best songs. Tilt, Abegnation and Eraser are better then Mirror's truth, march to the shore and the chosen pessimist. And all 3 have that Come Clarity aggressive sound with killer solos.

Maybe they'll release an all acoustic sing along album...All songs written by Anders...Oh a man can dream : P

10. karver

karver Member

After longer pause of IF a must say that I really get into ASOP.. Now I understand that they cant do something what they dont believe in.. they are always doing their actual best.. And Chosen pessimist is really emotional song for me.. I think I understand what it is saying now.. and about Jesper.. he left by his own decision, he will always be IF, but maybe he couldnt give more to his child (his child=in flames).. I just know they will release the best work they are able to do and thats important for me.. question is if I will understand it, and that sometimes need a time (like ASOP for me)

11. krofius

krofius Active Member

Agreed. I also love The Chosen Pessimist, it's really epic. The build-up in the song is really good, and then the last 1 and a half minutes with the synth is just so fucking awesome. I'm also sure that IF will do their best with their album and that I will enjoy it as fuck.

12. krofius

krofius Active Member

13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Hail to the King baby

Get Henke Forss to do vocals again

14. krofius

krofius Active Member

I lol'd. Why the fuck would they get Henke Forss to do vocals? No offence, but it's a kinda retarded suggestion..
    1. He was only a session vocalist, NEVER meant to be the vocalist in the band.
    2. It was 15-16 years ago, who knows he can even do the vocals at all?
    3. It doesn't fit to the music IF currently is playing.

15. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Yeah, I don't like Anders' present vocal style as much as his past vocal style, but he's not going anywhere, and he's not really that bad either.

16. Erik Erna

Erik Erna Sheriff Of T.S.G

Of course he can still do vocals, he is the lead for Retaliation.

Yet, I agree. He was a session vocalist and Anders is the voice of In Flames, and I wouldn't have it anyway.

17. krofius

krofius Active Member

Okay my bad then, but the other two points still apply. I knew he was a singer of some band, the band I thought about was Dawn, metal archives says their still active but they haven't released anything since 1998 so I dunno.

18. Erik Erna

Erik Erna Sheriff Of T.S.G

I fully agree with your point though. Anders is the voice of In Flames, any one else would just seem...wrong. He has been there through all of their stylistic changes and adapted as such. My musical horizon is so broad, I've enjoyed all periods of In Flames and Anders as a whole. Be it In Flames, Passenger, or doing guest vocals on Pendulum, Grievance, Caliban...

19. karver

karver Member

anders is very strong person.. you can see it on this video

maybe we should learn something from this.. ;) and stop talking about things that are not taking us.. :)

#19 karver, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Hail to the King baby

Because Anders vocals are awful. Shit, Tomas Lindberg can still do bad ass vocals..get him..get someone that has a presence. Also toss in a guitar player who isnt a drummer moonlighting as a guitar player. Then again, Im just an "old school" IF fan.