This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames - Watch Them Feed (and other comments)

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Depth Charge, May 14, 2003.

1. [0hr]Sunlapse

[0hr]Sunlapse Wraith

First of all, the opening riff is not crap.... I like it.... Just because it doesn't sound like a "swedish melodic death old school In Flames" riff does not mean its bad... I think the problem is that too many people are being very closed minded when approaching In Flames....

As for the vocals, I think the growls, whispers and singing (if you can call it that, its still pretty growly) sound very good! I don't understand why so many people have so much hatred for them.... In all honesty though, I thought Anders sounded pretty bad on TJR and Whoracle....

Overall, a good song.... it could be a bit better production-wise (the snare drum was way too loud)... and obviously it's no Jotun or Embody the Invisible, but I'm sure there is plenty of good stuff ahead for IF.

2. Static

Static Manically depressed robot

I like it...its better then any of the RtR stuff, it has a GREAT production (particularly the guitars) and its more melodic then the RtR stuff as well. I think Anders voice sounds alright, it was pretty mushy on RtR...and the drums sound pretty good to me, if a bit 'clangy'. That little solo is cool as well and thankfully a bit longer...

Overall, not bad at all. At least to my ears. Not spectacular but gets my hopes up somewhat for the future of the band.

3. SoilworkForever

will they put a better version of this on a new album you think?

4. Lord_Hypnos_Transfigured

Lord_Hypnos_Transfigured New Metal Member

Oh shit... now I just thought about it.... and if it is like a "demo" version, and after the album production, they put the song in the album... full of sinths and noises?

Don´t get me wrong, I like RtR very much, but now, enough with the bip-bip....

I would love to see Anders do at least some growling... it don´t even need to be all the time...

5. SoilworkForever

oh and by the way I love the song... a lot. I too hope Anders reevaluates his screaming but he will most likely keep it this way... almost a sure bet