This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In memory of Bucko

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Ralphe, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Ralphe

Ralphe Go the ROOSTERS!

Today marks the 4th anniversary of the death of Bucko so i thought i might take some time to remember some of the good times we shared together. I first met Bucko on the Dungeon forum and soon dicovered that apart from our love of Dungeon we also shared a passion for the music of bands like Deep Purple Black Sabbath Iron Maiden Judas Priest Dio any many others. We would go on to see many Dungeon and then Lord gigs together in Canberra Sydney Wollongong Goulburn before i eventually met up with Bucko and Sanj to see Lord and Doro over 3 nights in Japan in 2010. This time in Japan with Bucko and Sanj remains one of my favourite memories.

One of the first gigs Bucko and i went to was Judas Priest with Ripper at the Enmore Theatre which just happened to be on Bucko's actual birthday. Of course when Bucko and i did get together it often involved too many beers by both of us. Many years later i would meet up with Bucko and Sanj to again see Judas Priest at Homebush. We met at the Strawberry Hills Hotel next to Central Station with the intention of catching the train out in time to see the support band. As much as Sanj tried to get us to leave the pub and get on the train i think we kept ordering more beer and eventually made it there just as Judas Priest hit the stage. A fantastic afternoon but no real memory of the actual gig.

Another gig that involved too many beers and late arrival at the gig was Heaven and Hell at the Entertainment Centre. The gig was on a saturday night so i met up with Bucko and a couple of my mates at 3pm at the Sando in Newtown to watch Dave Tice and Mark Evans play before we headed into the city. The afternoon was great and the beer was going down quick. We eventually got a cab arriving just as the first song started but again my memory of the evening remains a big blur.

So in memory of Bucko we salute you!

Shadow298 likes this.
  2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

*raises a glass*

Yeah, Bucko was a genuinely good dude. Seeing you guys in the crowd going nuts was always a highlight of our shows for sure. It was awesome especially seeing Bucko and Sanj tag along for that Japanese tour too.

It was kind of a sad note for me. We were intending to give him a preview of our new album (which was to be the Digital Lies album). I was working really hard to get a mix finished, pulling an all-nighter. I finally posted on his Facebook page that we had something cool to show him... only to find out that he'd passed away during the night and I was too late. But we did get a nice tribute into the thanks list of the album, and Bucko made an appearance in our Final Seconds video at 0:58:

Hopefully, wherever he ended up, he'll appreciate the thought. Here's to you, Bucko! :kickass:

3. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I think of Bucko every so often, particularly if I'm thinking of a Sabbath tour. It's a real shame he died so young, and it was a shock at the time. I only met him the once, before Maiden's first show in Melbourne in 2008. He'd already consumed quite a few at the Corner Hotel so was suitably hammered! Here's to Bucko! :kickass:

4. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Bucko was a great mate & a top dude.

got to hang out with him a bit outside of gigs. Randomly catch up to share stories or music. He was also fun to hang out with at M4tB & other shows.

do miss him a bit. Can't believe it's been 4 years.

5. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

One of the nicest guys I've ever met. Was extremely fortunate to call him a friend and was thankful that I got to see him a few days before he passed on. I'll always treasure the many memories I have of him. Great, great guy.