This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Inflames Terrible new vocals

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by DeathHuman1990, Oct 26, 2007.

1. adhmerr

adhmerr it's a fight to the top

fear my thoughts

flametal

#341 adhmerr, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. krofius

krofius Active Member

I like how you quoted only one sentence of my message. Must be because you are gay i guess..
    And also i like that you say that In Flames was better in the old days before they went softer, and then you post your recommendation: German Fag Rock band? Wow that singer is sexy.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also that band FLAMETAL is nice..If you like shit music that is.
    Welcome to the flaming-feast! If you ignore me or whatever i really don't give a crap :)
    By the way did i mention that you were gay? Ah yeah i did but i felt like it needed to be repeated actually.
    Please post some more recommendations so i can laugh some more! If you think i'm being childish/lame whatever then go back and read your own other posts. And, 13000+ posts in 1.5 years? Wow you must have NO life at all!

3. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

I haven't been listening to metal lately so I have nothing to suggest that would interest any of you people.

4. TrickySkittles

TrickySkittles Assclown

I'll throw some non-metal out there for you Clay-Man :p

#344 TrickySkittles, Mar 26, 2009
  5. waif

waif Member

Fear my Thoughts were bad.
    Flametal was decent.
    Porcupine Tree are obviously awesome. Does anyone really not know about them at this point?

Here's Odin's Court. Great guys, great musicians. Not all that metal; Deathanity is a very relaxing album. I like to listen to it while playing Diablo II for the contrast.

and here's their cover of Ode to Joy:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqgLxfjJK6k&feature=related[/ame]
    Bad capture from their DVD, which is amazing and highly recommended for fans of brilliant guitar work and general proggy awesomeness.

Also, some of you may have seen these guys touring on Progressive Nation:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DVEHbDVpeQ&feature=related[/ame]
    This bit when I saw them live was extended, this guy is fucking amazing:

Also, yeah, they have a drummer and then a percussionist/keyboardist, but he's really an integral part of their sound.

On the more brutal front, here's some Goratory. I really like the Orgasm Induced Diarrhea album, the drum is far more inventive and varied than most brutal death and the production is far cleaner, although still nice and raw. The lyrics are silly but the music is quite serious and fucking brutal. Only a couple songs on youtube, but here's Severed Fuck Stump and Cream of Fetus. Best songs on the album are probably George Clinton and the Nine Year Old Gutter Slut and Donkey Punch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAw1n4o0d6Y&feature=related[/ame]

#345 waif, Mar 26, 2009
  6. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

I've been listening to a lot of rock and shit. I need some easy relaxing music lately.

I've been listening to shit like this:

A lot of chord-thick shit lately.

#346 Clay-Man, Mar 26, 2009
  7. Dark Gothic Sanctuary

Dark Gothic Sanctuary Metal Gothic God

nice on the progressive side!!! and the Brutal Death Metal band there is pretty good!! lol @ the song titles...

8. In_Flames91

In_Flames91 New Metal Member

I prefer the old vocals, but I like the new ones in "Reroute To Remain" and "Soundtrack To Your Escape". Those in "Come Clarity" and "A Sence Of Purpose" are strange. I still can't understand why Anders changed his vocal style. Someone told me that he ruined his voice.

9. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I'm pretty sure Anders changed his voice to preserve it for as long as possible. I mean, TJR/Whoracle definately wasn't natural for him, and Colony/Clayman had a huge toll on his vocal chords. Reroute's robotic tone is there primarily because the vocals in session were weak anyway, whilst I think Soundtrack and CC's vox are actually okay. ASOP's suck, his voice now sounds worn out.

10. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

Obviously to chill out his vox. Doesn't mean he can't do it, just that he wants to take it easy.
    Way 2 wimp out Anders.
    Where are those monster vox man

11. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I'm not sure Anders could do the kinda growls he did on Whoracle for an extended period of time. Maybe in short bursts, but for a whole song? He definately couldn't keep it up live, and fair enough, he knows his limits. I think he's changed his vocals, more than anything, so fans aren't disappointed at live performances.

12. WithMyMind

WithMyMind Member

#352 WithMyMind, Apr 4, 2009