This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. chrisvp

chrisvp Member

I suppose I will post this coming from a different angle , firstly Black Majesty from what I know have a licence deal for Australia through JSR , would this be an unwise deal ?
    Hardly is the case because it gives BM a better grasp on whats happening locally with their release instead of having the album controlled from a label over 20,000 kms away who does not have a clue on what is happening here.
    Concerning JSR postponing/cancelling shows, I have looked at it from a different angle and see it that they are trying their hardest to bring out the bands that are not that popular yet may pull heads in , I suppose judging when Ensiferum where here , nobody here would have ever imagined that they would have ever graced our shores , yet they played here this year and judging by their response and fanbase I reckon future tours of them could be a possibility.
    This in my opinion caters to some of the many diverse tastes within the metal genre which is a good thing.
    In regards to the tours being canned , my thoughts are that perhaps they simply cancelled them due to poor ticket sales and the risk of losing mega amounts of money , I know that if I were a concert promoter I would do the same and I'm sure that many here would do the same as well to save oneself from losing alot of money.
    Concerning Turisas saying that the promoter has gone bust , I know of it being not the case , it is simply a situation of simple economics, tickets dont sell , tour gets canned.
    I know many people here see to think that JSR have gone to shit and seem to be having a go at sledging them a beauty yet when a good tour in the future gets announced and comes through I'm sure many here will go to the gig.
    I personally can say that when doing the tour recently with Sonata Arctica and Ensiferum ,I found the whole crew at JSR , the management and the tour manager to be awesome in their professionalism and their attitude in handling the hard work that is required to pull off a tour, especially in Australia.
    Logistically speaking , all the gear was transported correctly and the system they had in place concerning backline etc was nothing short of awesome.
    All the guys in VP mentioned that it had been the best tour they had been on in Australia due to everything being looked after and us having nothing to worry about ,everything ran smooth as silk.
    I have been on many interstate treks which have been nothing but a headache yet this tour we did was so smooth I have nothing to say other than good words.
    So yeah theres my take on it , not flaming anyone , not expecting understanding from anyone , just letting people know that there is another side to the coin.
    Cheers
    Chris VP

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

I'm not gonna get too far into it because that kind of dirty laundry has no place on a public forum, but yeah - I do have to 100% agree with you that BM having a local deal is very wise. Having your product imported into the country to be sold locally by the distributor is financially stupid - a local company will give you more control and more returns by far!

That said, I've known artists who have been signed to JSR and the promotion and what they were promised didn't live up to what they were expecting, shall we say, and now that it's being said that JSR are bust (whether that's true or not, I don't know, but you'd think that the band would have gotten that info from somewhere before they posted it up publicly), being signed to a company that's going bust isn't particularly wise. You can ask a few bands on here (us included) what it's like to have a good deal with a company that's in financial trouble - once they go under, your contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on, unfortunately.

Tour wise, yeah - kudos to JSR for giving some smaller bands a break, but I have to say that some of their business and financial decisions have been nothing short of bizarre! To hear that they could be in trouble doesn't come as a massive surprise to me or anyone in the industry who have worked with them. Now, I've known Nik for nearly as long as you have, Chrispy, so it's sad to see someone doing it tough that you've known for so long, but yeah... I won't go into it here, but it's really not a surprise at all.

And 100% agree about touring headaches with other promoters - I think we've shared some experiences with some of the more interesting people, shall we say! ;)

Thanks for your side of the story though, dude! It's always good to have a different perspective to an argument! :)

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Too many tours, too small a market.

4. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Too many international tours, and not enough effort put on the local market and bands.

5. Lord Tim

6. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Aye. But Australia isn't like Europe. If you tour through Europe and a few shows are dismal, you can still break even on the rest. Come here, and you pretty much have to break even on every show to make it worthwhile. And because you can only do maybe 6 or 7 shows tops, it's not worth it if 3 or 4 of them don't sell.

7. Crozzy

Crozzy Pork Pouch

not sure if its been posted, but on behalf of my good mate who is bringing them out!

UNEARTH AND THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
    AUSTRALIAN TOUR MAY/JUNE 2010

Get ready Australia – two of the world’s greatest Metal bands are hitting Australian shores this May/June! Together for the first time down under, Unearth and The Black Dahlia Murder co-headline a tour that will slaughter anything you have heard before. Combining the hardcore and extreme metal of Unearth and the Swedish-influenced blackened thrash of The Black Dahlia Murder, this double-hitter of American Metal muscle will be melting faces in a five-city tour of Australia.

Hailing from Massachusetts - Unearth combine elements of hardcore, thrash, and extreme metal with thought-provoking lyrical ideas and concepts. Originally formed in 1998, Unearth has released a steady stream of modern metal classics, including 2001’s ‘The Stings of Conscience’ up until 2008’s masterpiece ‘The March’. All the while, Unearth continuously crisscrossed the globe, becoming one of the hardest and most consistent touring bands in all of hard rock.

Adding to the onslaught of Unearth comes The Black Dahlia Murder. Still riding high on their rabidly-received fourth studio album ‘Deflorate’, following their pitch-black cacophony of 2007’s ‘Nocturnal’, The Black Dahlia Murder have cemented their place as one of metal’s most outstanding underground outfits at the peak of its unmitigated musical brutality. Since forming in 2000, the Black Dahlia death machine has been perfecting their live show with relentless touring around the world.

Whether a fan of either of these powerhouses, an enthusiast of Metal and heavy music, or just in the market for a phenomenal show, this is one tour to mark on your calendars.

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 9th APRIL @ 9am

Monday 31 May - The Factory Theatre, Sydney NSW (Lic/AA)
    Tickets from Factory Theatre Box Office 02 9550 3666 www.factorytheatre.com.au, Ticketek on 132 849 or www.ticketek.com.au

Tuesday 1 June - The Hi-Fi, Brisbane QLD (U18)
    Tickets available from www.thehifi.com.au, 1300 The Hifi, all Oztix outlets including Rocking Horse, Skinnys, Butterbeats, Music Mania and Kill The Music

Wednesday 2 June- The Hi-Fi, Brisbane QLD (18+)
    Tickets available from www.thehifi.com.au, 1300 The Hifi, all Oztix outlets including Rocking Horse, Skinnys, Butterbeats, Music Mania and Kill The Music

Thursday 3 June - Fowlers Live, Adelaide SA (Lic/AA)
    Tickets available from Moshtix on 1300 438 849 or www.moshtix.com.au, and Venuetix on (08) 8225 8888 or www.venuetix.com.au.

Friday 4 June - The Hi-Fi, Melbourne VIC (18+)
    Tickets available from www.thehifi.com.au, 1300 The Hifi, all Oztix outlets including Greville Records and Polyester Records

Saturday 5 June - The Hi-Fi, Melbourne VIC (U18)
    Tickets available from www.thehifi.com.au, 1300 The Hifi, all Oztix outlets including Greville Records and Polyester Records

Sunday 6 June - Amplifier Bar, Perth WA (18+)
    Tickets available from Moshtix 1300 438 849 www.moshtix.com.au, Heatseeker www.heatseeker.com.au. 78’s Records Perth and Mills Fremantle

www.myspace.com/unearth
    www.myspace.com/blackdahliamurder
    www.strikehardbookings.com

[​IMG]

8. ImprintedLife

ImprintedLife Arriving Somewhere.....

“Legend” is one of the most overused terms in music writing, but SLASH unquestionably deserves it” – Metal Injection

Few artists in rock history can carry off the single moniker, and carry it with gravitas.
    SLASH is one of that rare breed.

Since emerging with Guns N’ Roses, SLASH has been one of the world’s most sought after guitarists. Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Quentin Tarantino and so many other fellow icons have sought his services in order to make the good sound great.

Critics and fans alike still debate the greatest rock riff of all time with “Sweet Child O’ Mine” consistently taking top honors. Time Magazine placed SLASH second only to Jimi Hendrix amongst the greatest guitarists of all time.

It therefore came as little surprise that when SLASH put out the word about recording an album, the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Lemmy, Ian Astbury, Andrew Stockdale and others smashed down the studio door to be a part of it.

‘Slash’ (the new self titled album) is everything that was ever great about rock music. For all those who will undoubtedly find themselves praying at the Altar O’ Slash “Modern rock will not get much better than this, we have encountered a new standard, a new “classic” that is every bit as good as the best of the best from decades long” – Metal Resource.com

The man himself is ever modest about his place in rock history but his upcoming Australian tour will leave his legions of fans with no doubts at all.

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 7 MAY, 9AM

WEDNESDAY 11 AUGUST MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE – 18+

www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

THURSDAY 12 AUGUST BRISBANE, THE TIVOLI – 18+

www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 and Rockinghorse Records.

MONDAY 16 AUGUST SYDNEY, ENMORE THEATRE – Lic A/A
    www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Presented by MTV Classic, Triple M and Soundwave Touring

9. Bucko

Bucko Member

lazy fuk no weekend dates

10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

Metallica dates

"We know, we know . . . it has been WAY too long since we visited this part of the world, but we're here to tell you that it is game on!!!! We can't wait to head over to New Zealand and many parts of Australia bringing the World Magnetic Tour to places it has not rocked yet. Starting October 13, 2010 in Auckland, NZ, we'll also be in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne . . . dates and venues are below.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, May 13 at 9:00 AM in the local time zone. As usual, Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for all the pre-sale details.

We look forward to seeing all our friends there who have patiently (or maybe not so patiently!) waited over six years!!!"

October 13 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena
    October 18 Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
    October 22 Perth, Burswood Dome
    November 10 Sydney, Acer Arena
    November 15 Adelaide, Entertainment Centre
    November 18 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Tickets are through Ticketek.

11. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Hmmmm if all goes to plan I won't be around then. Fark.

12. Lord Tim

13. KoichCPA

KoichCPA Banned

Planning on topping yourself Rob?

14. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

LORD to support Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope.

15. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

Well, the Turisas tour is going ahead thank god! Just got an email from Soundwave Touring which has the Sydney and Melbourne show listed and an option to purchase tickets for those shows. =)

16. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

That's great news! :)

What's the go with Stryper?

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

Brisbane Turisas show has been cancelled though, although I don't think there are any QLDers on here. Great news the tour is going ahead though, tis going to be a fun night!

18. cowboy

cowboy Member

I'm a Queenslander!!! Wasn't going to Turisas though so no great loss.

Glad that the tour is going ahead though :)

19. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

Last I heard they canceled the first time round for studio time. At the moment its still 50/50. It's anyone's guess really.

Great news about Turisas though. I had a feeling Queensland wouldn't sell to well.

20. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Yeah mate, I've had enough of this dark, evil world, where not every 7 Eleven has lids for their Slurpees. Only the dead are smiling.