This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Last tour I bought tickets the night before the show and ended up within spitting distance of the stage. They always do last minute releases of unused press tickets

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

got tickets for my brother and i in the 'cheap seats' at the entertainment centre in Brisbane.

Wife not interested. Saw them back in the day ("when they were good" hehee) so she doesn't want to tarnish the memory which is fair enough :)

3. Mean Bitch

Mean Bitch and her name was...

Me TOOO I hope they release a friday gig! Im not fussy :headbang:

as for Websites Crashing, this piss me off so badly. The Sydney site crashed, the Brisbane site was fine, my sister got her ticket then 7 min later got my ticket as she missed my msg when I asked her to get it with hers. so no problems getting them up there..

Splendour tickets on the other hand yesterday were megga fucked up moshtix went into meltdown, their phone service included! they had some fucked up waiting line system, that counted down as u got closer, but as the server error appeared often, people would be bumped back 20 000 places ... when there was only 20 000 camping tickets it was frustrating...

I missed Slash tickets :( ebay have a couple but as advised I might just wait...

4. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

Yep that's another good thing to know

With Slash I'd at least wait a week or so to see if there are more shows or a venue change announced...

5. Over the wall

Over the wall Member

was extremely pissed with ticketek today, was selecting what tickets to get, was trying for 4x standing for the wednesday show, and when it said tickets not available, selected gold seated and it timed me out and put me to the back of the queue. Although ended up with gold tix to the thursday show, so happy enough with that

6. Mean Bitch

Thats what Im hoping an extra show would be great! A differnt venue would be good too, for some reason I just dont like the Enmore, it probably has something to do with the lacking control of aircondioning there....

7. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

8. Mean Bitch

9. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Ah thanks - I ended up buying one at the door! I think they must stop selling them at 5pm on the Friday. It was a cool show. Great to see them live again.

10. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

SOUNDWORKS TOURING & APPARELDIRECT.COM.AU presents

MAYHEM

AUSTRALIAN TOUR SEPTEMBER 2010

When it comes to the definitive history of black metal, only one name has survived all the sensationalism. Through the church burnings, murder, imprisonments and myopic teenage nationalism, only MAYHEM has been able to channel the circus like atmosphere, which surrounded a core of fanatical bands, into a sustained musical career, in the studio and more importantly, on stage. Following an eight year absence from our end of the world and twenty six years of cold, harsh existence, MAYHEM reappear in Australia to regain the throne of darkness that is rightfully theirs. Featuring iconic members Atilla Csihar, Necrobutcher and Hellhammer, and with the reputation of being one of the most controversial live acts to ever disgrace this planet, do not miss out on this chance to witness and worship one of the true Norwegian black metal legends in the flesh.

MAYHEM performing at:

September 21st – The Kings Arms, Auckland
    September 23rd – The Hifi, Melbourne
    September 24th - The Factory, Sydney
    September 25th - The Hifi, Brisbane
    September 26th – Amplifier Bar, Perth

TICKETS ON SALE FROM THURSDAY MAY 13th!

11. metal evilution

metal evilution Davestorm

Hmm in Sydney it's the day before OVERKILL. That's not good although i'll most prob tie on a 48hour bender and go to both.

Not sure how many others out there are that Metal though?:kickass:

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

September is getting ridiculous. Napalm Death/Dying Fetus, Overkill, Coffins and now Mayhem. There are still more coming too.

13. metal evilution

metal evilution Davestorm

Including a show or two of mine. This should be interesting.hahaha :lol:

14. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

Well I got tickets to the 2nd Metallica show. Seats but still good :)

15. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Heathen Skulls are proud to present for the first time in Australia, OM

Thursday 15th July: Adelaide, Fowlers Live
    Friday 16th July: Melbourne, Hi Fi Bar
    Saturday 17th July: Sydney, Factory Theatre
    Sunday 18th July: Brisbane, Hi Fi Bar

Tickets on sale Friday 21st of May from the venues and selected ticketing outlets

Rising from the ashes of legendary Californian stoner doom metal lords SLEEP, Al Cisneros and Chris Hakius survived a well documented melt down after the recording of their Swan Song Jerusalem, later know as Dope Smoker, to form what has become one of the most original and innovative bands of the modern psych, drone and doom metal genre, so much so they’ve spawned a sea of imitators that don’t even come close to the purity and hypnotic ambience that OM have become so famous for.
    Coming together in 2003 after years of meditative time out, OM went on to record their monumental debut album Variations of a Theme in 2005. Like a volcanic eruption, Variations of a Theme shook the foundations of the American underground, which in turn resonated and melted minds internationally. It single handedly merged genres and broke down barriers where indie could now identify with doom metal and visa versa.
    After three albums, two split releases and a live album recorded in the land of the holy, Jerusalem, where they played for close to six hours straight, drummer Chris Hakius departed OM in early 2008 to be replaced by Emil Amos of Grails. They’ve since gone onto release a 7” for Sub Pop’s single club and their most recent album on their new label Drag City, God is Good.
    Taking on more of an ambient feel that best resembles that of Tibetan chanting, God is Good, which is once again recorded by Steve Albini, who also recorded 2007’s Southern Lord released album Pilgrimage, is an incredible departure for OM, most notable as it features new member Rob Lowe, one time member of Chicago punk band 90 Day Men and now solo artists behind the New York based sound art project Lichens.

16. Mean Machine

Those dates are for July btw. I might head along if tickets are reasonably priced.

17. Pethical

Pethical Tom

sweet! hope to make it if i'm top of my uni work

18. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Hmmm, guess my brain broke... well, some idiot listed the dates for October on Last.fm and I believed them. Fixed!

19. Mean Machine

Yeah I saw it posted as October in another forum as well, but Heathen Skulls made a post on Brismetal correcting the dates.

20. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Thursday 15th July : Adelaide, Fowlers Live
    Friday 16th July : Melbourne, Hi Fi Bar
    Saturday 17th July: Sydney, Factory Theatre
    Sunday 18th July: Brisbane, Hi Fi Bar

I did the same thing, Bloopy. LOL.