This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

INTO ETERNITY

Discussion in 'Backstage' started by JeffTD, Nov 12, 2006.

1. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

Was wondering if the gats on Scattering of Ashes were reamped, and what was done to vocals? Both sound amazing!

Snare and toms sound really good, IMO, as well, but sound mostly sampled. Any details on that?

2. Skyweaver

Skyweaver Shred or Die !

Glad someone brought this album up, its just great Stu block is just awesome as a vocalist - its a great album

3. AllanD

AllanD boom tap boom-boom tap

One of my favorite albums ever! I would love to know more about it!

The kick drum is very "interesting" sounding. Was it sampled from their kick? It sounds very different from other kick drums I've ever heard.
    What amps were used for rhythm/leads?
    Those toms sound very huge! Were they natural?
    That bass is grinding away, it's pretty apparent in the mix. Was it just the normal DI'd in and reamp for the distortion sound? What was it reamped through?
    One last question, were the leads doubled?

4. Gnash

Gnash Lefty

No wonder I like this album so much!haha Andy mixed it! This album, and band, is really underated compared to what IS big out there. Great songs on this one.

5. Wisheraser

Wisheraser Member

I think Justin (rhythm gtr) mentioned they used Amp Farm for the guitars. I'm not sure about anything else though. Havta ask him next time he's in town.

6. MaximumMetal288

MaximumMetal288 New Metal Member

I had asked Tim about it when I saw them when they toured back in April 07', he said he plugged right into the board and used Amp Farm. Andy could have always reamped later but Tim wasn't aware if that was the case. He's a great player and an awesome song writer but he's one of those guys who isn't a gear snob. Kind of a shame since I remember being bummed that he wasn't using the JSX at that show and he wasn't too into talking gear... but I kinda envy some people like that who settle with the tone they get, I wish I wasn't so anal!

7. Machinated

Machinated Member

im kind of curious if the drums were actually live or programmed on this one too.......all their other stuff that andy worked on sounds very programmed, listen to the hats on their newest one.

andy has done great things with midi before, for instance biomechanical sounded great. if it is midi, id love to know what went on with the cymbals as the are usually the giveaway and they sound pretty good on here.

if they are live drums, fair play, its pretty hard to tell. great mix anyway!

8. gemini8026

gemini8026 always a n00b

Funny story. I work for a company in Regina Sask. It's also where the band is from. One day I learned that I work on the same floor as the drummer. Well, the ex drummer now (Jim). Anyhow, these drums ARENT programmed, but they are heavily triggered. Lots of people have mixed views on it, even Jim said he really liked the sound of the original takes! They do use Amp Farm, and Tim Roth is also a great player.

Stu's vox are also quality. The band is good, but they've also had quite a few members already, and truth be told, nothing IMO is as good as SOTA!

9. Neverpurified

Neverpurified Member

I'm good friends with the current drummer Steve, and I've seen him play drums at the local Guitar Center, and I can tell you he's playing everything on the new album