This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Aussie_Metalchild, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Fredwalks

Fredwalks New Metal Member

Yeah- that was pretty funny.

I wanted to thank the guys for the signatures too - I only managed to thank Tim and Andy though. No matter though it is now in its place in the spot I left when I re-organised my CD shelves.

2. Arycama

Arycama Elitist Power Metal Poser

Yay, I found the intro thread! I became a fan of Lord instantly when I saw them live about a year ago. I only recently discovered the forums though. I live in Adelaide, and try and get out to gigs often, although I have been a bit lazy of late. I've been playing guitar for nearly 3 years, and have my own band, links in my sig. Seeing Lord at Enigma earlier this year was a great gig. I know Spikes Red and Wild Child quite well... to say the least :p

3. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Great to see more folks from Adelaide on the board! :) We need more!

4. Rick

Rick Senior User

We need more people from Wagga.

5. LORD866

LORD866 Metal Machine

Name: ROBERT MARTZ
    Fav album at the moment: LORD - SET IN STONE
    Fav show attended: LORD AT THE ESPY 12/12/09
    Fav foods/drinks: MEXICAN, SUSHI, GOULASH, SPAG BOL, STEAK, PIZZA/PEPSI, WHISKEY
    Fav Movies/TV shows: AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE MOVIE, BASEKETBALL, THE CROW, ALL DBZ MOVIES, CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIES/HARVEY BIRDMAN ATTORNEY AT LAW, AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE, BLACK BOOKS, BLACKADDER, MONTY PYTHONS FLYING CIRCUS, A BIT OF FRY AND LAURIE, MR. BEAN, SOUTH PARK, THAT 70'S SHOW
    Fav books: BLOOD OF ELVES, LOTR, THE HOBBIT
    Fav Sports: WRESTLING, FOOTBALL (SOCCER), RALLY
    What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: IRON MAIDEN
    Hobbies/Interests: PLAYING BASS IN BAND, METAL, WRESTLING
    Something unusual about yourself: COMPLETELY OBSSESSED WITH METAL, ITS ALL I DO AND ALL I TALK ABOUT, IT PISSES PEOPLE OFF ALOT, BUT FUCK 'EM. I ALSO ENJOY RESEARCHING STUFF ABOUT SERIAL KILLERS, AND I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS JUST TO MY FRIENDS BUT I AM CONSIDERED WEIRD BECAUSE I'M AN AUSTRALIAN WHO HATES LAMB.

6. monophonic

monophonic Member

Hey I'm from Ballarat. It's good to see some more Lord fans from those parts.

7. LORD866

LORD866 Metal Machine

Yeah it is, i thought me and my brothers were the only LORD fans from ballarat, but in this case i was very happy to be proven wrong.

8. Aussie_Metalchild

*delayed response* Welcome Robert :)

I think we need some more newbies! Anyone care to recruit? ;)

9. BurningCreation

I'm from Ballarat as well. :)

10. Jammin_Jim

Jammin_Jim New Metal Member

I started posting and asking questions before introducing myself...what a jackass I am! haha...

Name: James Clark
    Age: 19, According to Wikipedia I also have the same birthday as Lord Tim! April 2nd WOOO!
    Fav album at the moment: Lord - Set in Stone, Dungeon - One Step Beyond, and Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt II
    Fav show attended: Ozzfest '07
    Fav foods/drinks: Dr. Pepper...I would die from withdraw if I didn't have my Dr. Pepper!
    Fav Movies/TV shows: Psych, House, and Family Guy
    What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: AC/DC for rock, Megadeth for metal.
    Hobbies/Interests: Guitar, video games, Guitar, singing badly, guitar, writing music, guitar, and did I mention guitar?
    Something unusual about yourself: I have probably broken more bones than all the current/past members of Lord combined.
    Myspace page: myspace.com/jammin_jim_clark and I already added the Lord myspace, and fanned the Facebook Lord page :p

I was introduced to Dungeon/Lord in the middle of last year and 2 days haven't passed without me at least listening to Art of War, One Step Beyond, and/or Footsteps in the Sand.

Anyways, thanks for the epic music guys! :headbang:

-Jammin Jim

11. Aussie_Metalchild

A very delayed response, but welcome to the forums!! :)

12. MegaTory

MegaTory New Metal Member

Name: TORY! :)

Fav album at the moment: In all honesty, Set In Stone. But before that I guess it was Peace Sells or something :)

Fav show attended: My very first metal gig last year- Megadeth + Slayer. Actually no! A few weeks or so after that was my first LORD gig.. couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Fav foods/drinks: Pasta.. typical italian

Fav Movies/TV shows: Wayne's World 1 & 2, Spongebob Squarepants.

Fav books: Captain Underpants series and I really wanna get my hands on the new Mustaine book

Fav Sports: Never been into sports

What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: Metallica. They were the only band I was listening too for years before I got into Megadeth, Pantera and Opeth

Hobbies/Interests: Proud bass player! :D

Something unusual about yourself: I think I'm over-obsessed with LORD. Oh and I managed to get all the non-metallers at my school to think that LORD are part of the "Big 5" :p

Photo of yourself?: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._376101667654_533677654_3841139_4706740_n.jpg

13. Aussie_Metalchild

Haha nice work Tory! :)

14. Faaaiyurrr

Faaaiyurrr New Metal Member

My name's Sam, I listen to metal and play bass.

15. Mean Bitch

Mean Bitch and her name was...

Well Iv been on the forum for a while now and though I would fill this thing out ... its about time after all

Name: Cassandra
    Fav album at the moment: There is a few but one that is getting the most airtime would be Optheliac - Emilie Autumn, Its a bit out there but every time I lissen to it I pick up something new... She deffently isnt for everyone.

Fav show attended: Gees thats a tough one, Im sure the best is yet to come but for now probably Large act would be AC/DC, or Dream Theater, Local smaller acts, Cant go past LORD or Darker Half.

Fav foods/drinks: I dont have one fav, Im really liking Chorizo and Haloumi right now though, great in pasta!... Drink Is JD & Coke!

Fav Movies/TV shows: I cant go past a Tim Burton film! TV show would have been The Young ones, I Really wish it lasted more seasons.

Fav books: I dont think Iv really read enough to have a true fav, but for now it will be the Pride and Prejudice with ZOMBIES... its a re-write of Pride and Prejudice which happens to include a strong Zombie theme.

Fav Sports: 5 years ago I would have answerd 10 pin bowling, these days I cant say I follow any sports, however I do like to catch a game of Soccer and Cricket when I can.

What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: An ex introduced me to Dream Theater many years ago, But didnt really get into them till a couple of years later, To be honist it was probably KISS and AC/DC that I court onto first, 80s Metal and rock will always have a place in my heart... First Metal only gig was LORD :headbang:

Hobbies/Interests: Im interested in 'Art Chewy' art that you can pull apart and spend time chewing over its contence, meanings and concepts. Photography, Music, Going to as many gigs as I possibly can New experiances are out there they just have to be found. Im not going to find them sitting on my couch...
    Dress ups as its affectionetly referd to by my friends, I love differnt outfits themed partys they are a ball,

Something unusual about yourself: nothing I can see.... Im a great example of the norm. Ok I make glasses for a living...

Photo of yourself?:
    I thought this one would be fitting, Eating at Lord of the Flys in Melbourne, While wearing a LORD shirt :D
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And just for a bit of fun one night at a party...
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. Kämpfer

Kämpfer New Metal Member

Name: Jesse
    Fav album at the moment: Resurrection (2005 re-recording) - Dungeon / The Wicked Symphony - Avantasia.
    Fav show attended: Lamb of God + Devildriver / (soon to be Soundwave 2011! - I hope.)
    Fav Movies/TV shows: Halloween series (originals + Rob Zombie remakes), Clerks I & II.
    Fav books: The Strongbow Saga (Amazing book if you're interested in vikings)
    Fav Sports: Handball, Tennis, Soccer, AFL.
    What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: heh... Slipknot / Mudvayne / Opeth.
    Hobbies/Interests: Music, video games.

17. Martzy

Martzy New Metal Member

Name: Dave
    Fav album at the moment: Cauldron - Chained To The Nite
    Fav show attended: Wacken 2010 & all Lord shows
    Fav foods/drinks: Food - Japanese & Mexican. Drink - Beer
    Fav Movies/TV shows: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure & a lot more
    Fav Sports: AFL & Cricket
    What was the first band that got you into metal/rock: Queen
    Hobbies/Interests: Collecting Metal Music, Collecting Anime, Video Games & Drinking
    Something unusual about yourself: Apparently i laugh to much:lol:
    Photo of yourself?: Im the guy on the left
    [​IMG]

18. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Hey man! I think I met you at the East Brunswick gig.

19. Martzy

Martzy New Metal Member

Yep, we did meet at the East Brunswick gig

20. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Welcome mate. Is the guy on the right your brother?