This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Isis - Wavering Radiant

Discussion in 'Non-Opeth Music Chat' started by Rogue Eagle, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ThePoisoning

I really enjoyed In the Absence of Truth right away, but the new one hasn't quite clicked with me. It took me a while to get into Isis initially, but they're one of my favorite bands now so I will not give up on the new album!

2. BloodSword

BloodSword Member

When all is said and done, this will be one of the best releases of 2009.

3. Lateralus14

Lateralus14 New Metal Member

Definitely one of my best for 2009. The album would be a best of year in many years but, that being said, this year isn't looking all that exciting. Porcupine Tree may release theirs towards the end but after Fear of a Blank Planet just being ok, I have reason to be skeptical. Morbid Angel is always fun but never downright spectacular. Fun little things like Novembers Doom, etc. Really seems like a bit of a gap year, with such great stuff coming out in 2008. Another Cynic album would be awesome if it ever happens (though admittedly Focus is still their best), Opeth...well they're bound to put out some good stuff, but we'll have to see as to whether or not the next release is fantastic or just good. Tool promised a new album some day but I think they're too busy with their side projects (for lack of a better word regarding hobbies like Maynard's wine) atm. If DSO puts out another full length (I assume they will), that's almost a definite best of.

4. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

Heard it now. All the positive things said above are true.

5. Bleakest Harvest

Bleakest Harvest \m/Misanthropic Hippy\m/

They sure are, this will definitely be in my top 10 of 09. Much prefer it to ITAOT, which I never liked much, and is almost challenging Panopticon as my favourite Isis album. Great stuff. Can't wait to receive the vinyl edition which i've preordered.

6. Ka-Nacht Tut-Mesut

I have preordered my CD and double LP version a few weeks ago.
    Great band.