This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

It's official: Angra Parts Way With Singer Edu Falaschi

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, May 24, 2012.

1. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I'll translate his open letter and post it here when I get to the office, but as of yesterday, Edu and the band have parted ways...

2. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

well damn!

3. mel_progson

mel_progson Member

*Wishes upon a metal star*

4. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Lol, this. 1000x times.

5. Justin G

Justin G Member

That's too bad. I love the Matos albums, but I think the later albums are even better.

6. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

I'll be happy to take his place. HAHA.

7. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

He's actually going to be the new Kamelot singer and Roy is joining Angra.

8. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Seeing as how Angra parted way with writing good music after Temple of Shadows, I'm not too heartbroken.

9. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

LOL

It's like both bands want to continue on the "We love having irregular live singers" path...

10. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Statement...

"There comes a moment in a man’s life when it is necessary to make a radical decision in order to move forward with dignity and renewed energy.

I’m in a very happy moment, where now, at age 40, I’m fulfilled and incredibly satisfied to have succeeded in making almost all my personal and professional dreams come true. I have a beautiful family, many wonderful friends and fans who have followed me for over 20 years and a lasting career with more than 15 albums released, several world tours and thousands of copies sold worldwide.

I am a lucky person to have made it this far, singing heavy metal and been around the planet playing the music I love the most. I’ve been thinking for some time now, about the path to follow and finally came to the conclusion that it is time to take the more natural road.

It is with a mixture of relief, joy and sadness that I have to declare that from today on I am not the voice of Angra anymore, I’m leaving the band already missing a lot of what we built together, specially the happy times of Rebirth and Temple of Shadows. I will never forget everything that we experienced from good to bad times, after all we must always look at the good side of things, even when things are most difficult.

I am eternally grateful for those ten years of many victories and for all the opportunities given to me, I wish them luck on their journeys.

Whenever they want or need I will be around and ready to support them! I am and will always be very proud of our history! My life is music and music is the food to my soul. I have many plans and projects for the future! Some of them are already well established, strong and generating excellent results and so, they demand and deserve my full dedication, and of all the people involved in it. That’s why I also want to announce that Felipe Andreoli is not the Almah’s bass-player anymore! He will keep working only with Angra and his other projects!

I will go on with my ideals and my career as a singer, songwriter and producer.

Thank you all, with love…"

Edu Falaschi started his musical career in 1990 with the band MITRIUM. He was invited to join Angra in 2000 being a member of SYMBOLS. Edu Falaschi released four studio albums with Angra such as Rebirth (Gold Album), Temple Of Shadows and Aurora Consurgens, created many band's hits ('Nova Era', 'Spread Your Fire', 'Wishing Well', 'Lease Of Life' and others) and concluded several worldwide tours. In 2006 Edu Falaschi established his own band Almah.

11. Justin G

Justin G Member

People are going to come around one day and realize Aqua's brilliance.

12. Justin G

Justin G Member

This should be like baseball. Angra needs to bring up Thiago Bianchi from the minors (Shaman) and give him a shot in the big leagues.

13. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Nah. Enough of this whole incestual relationship between Angra, Shaman, Almah, Hangar... :lol:

Angra will only be taken seriously and considered an important, relevant name in metal again (as they were in the mid-90s, arguably considered one of the top 5 bands in the world) when they reunite with Andre Matos. Unfortunately, the business side of things may once again get in the way...

14. 1000 Faces

1000 Faces Member

PRAISE THE LORD!

I never really cared for Edu's vocals, but his performance on the otherwise very good Temple of Shadows is a particular lowlight. When I got to "The Temple of Hate," I distinctly remember being thrilled to hear Kai Hansen's voice, because hey...a real singer. To this day, that and the song that Hansi sings on are the only tracks from that album to which I have any attachment, because Edu's voice on it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

So...Matos reunion, then?

15. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Start wishing upon a metal star.

16. Imagikafan

Imagikafan AKA Pooch - Mark

Great news. Edu was definitely the weak link.

17. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Felipe announced today he's out of Almah too.

Among the reasons, he states that "him and Edu had a wonderful, tight relationship throughout the years, but that relationship became very strained lately and it's for the best that we move apart leaving the incredible musical legacy we've constructed together in the past..."

In other words, yeah, it seems like they got into some sort of a fight and obviously it coincides with Angra wanting to move on too.

18. nailz

nailz Member

I dunno, Khan shit out of his mouth every time he opened it. I'd say he was pretty regular.

19. kashford

kashford Member

He posted a rather lengthy letter on his website:

http://www.felipeandreoli.com.br/en/?area=noticias&id=140

20. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

I vote for the Rev. This is not a surprise. Time for a change.