This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jorn Heavy Rock Radio 2

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by BrandSpragins, Feb 18, 2020.

1. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

Jorn is an amazing singer but sometimes his songs can be plodding and a little bit uneventful. I have to admit that some of his solo albums have been on the long winded side without much excitement. His voice however, is always a highlight.

This last batch of covers - I had not heard a single one and I must admit that I almost look at this album as a new release of sorts. Honestly - I like this better than the first outing of covers and even like this more than his last solo album. Jorn sounds fantastic on this album - better than he has in a long time. His voice still has plenty of rasp but I dare say sounds more melodic than it has been since The Duke.

Great fun album and Jorn sounds great.

2. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

I love Jorn, but these songs are *yawn*

3. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

I preferred the first covers album as I was familiar with most of those songs, whereas a lot of these I've never heard (although I DO like "Mighty Quinn"!)

Jorn has definitely gotten a bit stale for awhile now. He REALLY needs the outside songwriting to freshen him up, things like Avantasia. I still order all his discs, as like you said his voice is gold, but the material is just falling flat now.....

4. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

I truly miss Jorn Viggo Lofstad in this band.

Azrael LenGraden likes this.