This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Led Zepplin vs. Deep Purple

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Spiderchrist, Aug 20, 2013.

?

Led Zeppelin vs. Deep Purple

1. Deep Purple

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Led Zeppelin

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  3. Tacos

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I had a fish taco once, and almost threw up. I fucking hate seafood especially if it isn't fried.

However burrito> taco because you can get guacamole in burritos which is basically the greatest thing in the world.

Led Zeppelin over Deep Purple. Admittedly, I haven't heard as much DP, but what I heard from them I like LZ much better.

Also, I'd never trust a man, woman, child or animal that doesn't like LZ. Plain and simple.

2. KafkaX

KafkaX Mr. Self Destruct

There was a vendor at MDF by the tented outdoor stage that had some of the best tacos I had in my life. They had Jackfruit, vegan cheese, guacamole, and jalapenos on em. That coupled with a ice cold coconut water and I was fucking beyond stoked.

Man, I hope they are there next year.

EDIT: Oh, and I cant forget that I piled each taco with Sriracha. The gift from the Gods.

3. crimsonfloyd

crimsonfloyd Active Member

Jackfriut is insanely good.

There's a phenomenal vegan Mexican restaurant called Gracias Madre in San Francisco. It's seriously some of the best Mexican I've ever had.

4. Black Orifice

Black Orifice Vein-Marbled Tower

Of course, I would prefer it if credit were given, but c'mon, it's pop music -- It's not like they scratched out Wagner's name on Ring der Nibelungen and wrote Led Zeppelin over it. Throughout pop music's history, or folk music, rather, "plagiarism" was the name of the game.

5. Lateralus14

Lateralus14 New Metal Member

Not to mention I believe you (TNB) rate Nevermind highly, and we all know "Come As You Are" was derived from a Killing Joke riff.

And like Black Orifice, I acknowledge that that's simply the nature of rock music...and still love both Nirvana and Killing Joke.

6. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

Look, i never said i dont like LZ, i just wouldn't put them anywhere near DP.

Them ripping off other peoples work doesn't really bother me all that much, never remember saying that it did. I even said my favorite track from them was written by someone else (Anne Bredon). I just have overall less respect for them as musicians because of that fact(which dosn't really mean shit). That's why i shouldn't even mention them with the likes of Blackmore or Lord.

And yea, Nevermind isnt anything special, but it's just as nostalgic to me as some classic metal albums.

... and i dont think i've heard anything from Killing Joke, so i wouldnt have know that about Come As You Are. Shit, i might need to check some of their stuff out.

7. Lateralus14

Lateralus14 New Metal Member

The song that inspired "Come As You Are":

obviously not an exact copy, but I believe they were listed as an influence, so it's more than likely...

And......their best song...:

You might like this one too...

#67 Lateralus14, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  8. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

Yea, that's nearly the same main riff ... definitely see that song being a huge inspirated to them. Pretty cool track, i liked that one the most.

Not bad though, i somewhat enjoyed all three.

9. Westsiyeed

Westsiyeed Member

Killing Joke have also been putting out some good releases recently as well, though my favourite is their self-titled from 2003; a bit heavier than their usual releases.

Also Dave Grohl was the drummer on this album, saying he did it not only to guest for an influential band, but as a sort of 'payback' for the Come as You Are riff.

This is one of my fav's:

#69 Westsiyeed, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  10. SomeGuyDude

SomeGuyDude My name is sorrow.

Zep ripped off a lot of songs.

So did Deep Purple. Smoke on the Water is a fucking ripoff, and that's the one track most anyone knows from them.

So now that we've established both are ripoff artists, the fact is that nothing DP ever did matches the awesomeness of When the Levee Breaks or Kashmir.

11. Spiderchrist

Spiderchrist The Unjesus

That's a stupid opinion, so I'll ignore that one. Tacos or burritos?

12. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Oh shit... I saw that there and wanted to try it! Had no idea their tacos had all that-- sounds like a fucking journey of goodness. Have to try them next year if they are there... And actually meet UM people and cut the timidness out :rofl:

13. LuvDrums

LuvDrums New Metal Member

I've recently noticed a website troll that goes by Ritchie Blackm0re (fan club dude) sets up websites (currently, more than 20) to discredit Led Zeppelin. If you log on to challenge him he blocks you. I guess this is some vain effort in dirty politics to elevate Deep Purple, whom I used to like. Now, not so much....I mean really, if you like one band over another, fine. but to go through all that effort to put another band down (or Page) and not leave your site open for rebuttal ......well that's communistic!