This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Live DVD/CD "Welcome to Atlanta" is out now!

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by AndreasBlomqvist, Sep 7, 2013.

1. AndreasBlomqvist

AndreasBlomqvist Mr. Bassman

All,

I am extremely happy to announce that something that has been brewing in my mind for going on 5 years is about to come to Life. Next year at the prestigeous ProgPowerUSA -Seventh Wonder will again take the stage.

But not only that -we take the stage to, for the first and last time ever, perform Mercy Falls in its entirety front to back.

And not only that -in the process we will record our first Live DVD ever.

You don't wanna miss this!!
    So, start saving right now, and we'll meet you ALL in Atlanta as we for the last time, and with honors, bring Mercy on the Road to everybody in ProgPower-land.

Cheers!

Andreas Blomqvist

2. haloa92

haloa92 New Metal Member

Seriously, I could cry.

3. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Here's the PPUSA announcement video, with some exclusive rehearsal-footage:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVqTK7lVQw"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVqTK7lVQw[/ame]

:D

4. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

Woooooo thumbs up!!!! :D

5. Draggsoda

Draggsoda New Metal Member

I registered to this forum just to beg for this. Now I don´t have to!
    Can´t wait to see/hear the result!!

6. MetalAges

MetalAges Captain Spectacular
    Staff Member

Awesome to hear!

7. sirclansman

sirclansman Man in Black Parade

I am speechless. Totally out of words! This is something I couldnt ever dream. It seems I have to book my flight to Atlanta... or die. :D

8. BaraHime

BaraHime Member

Every cent I brought back with me from NYC is officially now in my Prog Power fund. :D FINALLY! But god, I have to wait a year? :cry:

9. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

hope there'll be some bonus tracks out of WITW or TGE.

10. RuRoRul

RuRoRul Member

Amazing. Unfortunately I don't imagine I'll be able to be in USA (although who knows), but I will definitely be getting the DVD.

I'm glad the band is getting to do this, Mercy Falls deserves a live show and you deserve a first live DVD.

11. Xandra

Xandra Member

This is so excellente news! Finally a DVD! :worship:

I have to admit, a little disappointment stings because I had tiny hopes this would be realized within a tour one day. But of cousre it makes sense to do something like this at an awesome festival like ProgPower USA. :loco:

Damn I wish flights weren't so terribly expensive, so I will happily wait for the final product on DVD. And keep up my hopes for a 2014 tour somewhere in Europe - I guess hearing new songs will make up for missing Mercy Falls in it's entirety.

12. promark747

promark747 New Metal Member

Andreas,

This is the best news ever! Would be cool to have a full production like "The Wall" with video and set acting pieces (I doubt it as this is just a one off), but even if it is just you guys playing the music, it's more than awesome. Here's hoping Jenny can make it too!

13. BaraHime

BaraHime Member

I hope they'll bring Jenny along for One Last Goodbye. :)

14. Xandra

Xandra Member

Jenny is a total must for the DVD. No excuses!! :loco: :worship:

15. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

I've been wanting to go to ProgPower for years, and this is the first year I can actually afford it.

Generally I think the "main support" slot band at PP gets like an hour fifteen. Maybe they'll get longer because they're filming a dvd? If not, they may only be able to one song after (probably Alley Cat, since the video has gotten so many views) because Mercy Falls is 74 minutes with all the interludes and whatnot.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they were to make this performance more cinematic, with like backing videos and actors depicting what's going on in certain interludes/scenes (kind of like Live Scenes from New York). Kind of a long shot, but if they're going to do a DVD it'd be great if they went all-out like this.

16. mercyfalls81

mercyfalls81 New Metal Member

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I just read that Seventh Wonder will be at Prog Power next year. It is literally a quiet peaceful scene of chaos in my house right now, as I valiantly restrain my jubilation in an effort not to wake my sleeping wife, but I can't help saying, "Yes...YES!" over and over in a strained whisper, and NOTHING can break the smile currently splitting my face wide.

I am a BIG Seventh Wonder fan.

We got to see Karevik at last year's Prog Power with Kamelot...but this...THIS...is beyond words. It's a 14 hour drive from Houston to Atlanta, but I will be there. I will sing along to every song. I will come to the signing. I will be the guy in the front row, screaming his head off. I am mercyfalls81.

And this news just made my year.

17. Islandstone

Islandstone Member

Both Seventh Wonder and Pain of Salvation will play 1 hour and a half. So yes, there might be room for a couple of "non Mercy Falls" songs as well.

This announcement is great news btw. It shows SW are still alive and kicking. Co-headlining ProgPower USA with a World exclusive set, while filming it for their first DVD. Now I understand what the "massive news" was all about ( I had a suspicion about them being announced for PP USA, but had no idea about the special set and live recording). :headbang:

18. marshmallow

marshmallow Member

I don't usually buy DVDs but this is a must get for sure!

Also, cutting out some of the interludes, you guys definitely would have time for some more, but honestly, there's no complaints any which way.

19. albrethsen26

albrethsen26 New Metal Member

I have been a huge fan of you guys since Mercy Falls, so I can't wait. I will definitely try to come see you at ProgPower, and certainly buy the DVD. Glad to see my favorite band is getting more attention!

20. diegormella

diegormella New Metal Member

Yes!!! Wonderful news!!!!