This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Live Videos Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Oct 8, 2009.

1. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Does it really matter that he cut his hair? Alexi's gonna have to do it soon as his hair's thinning. Just glad they're still playing some of the old stuff live still

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

No, it suits him pretty good, just an emotional reaction since I'm afraid some 90's metal bands don't do it with the heart anymore, that it's become just a job. But honestly the long hair only fits Alexi for some reason, and the only thing that matters is the music, and hair doesn't make it better, so I don't care if they cut it. It would be interesting and shocking to see Alexi was short hair or bald, can't imagine it.

3. (__Joonas__)

4. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Ending of Hatebreeder and Lake Bodom

5. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I see, since Henkka don't have long hair any more display cameras don't record him :rofl: Before the haircut, he was the most favourite person in the eyes of the stage cameramen :D

6. (__Joonas__)

Wtf is going on? Suddenly they bring old classics back, after neglecting rapid setlist changes for ever. Even this wish got fulfilled. It's just all the hardcore fans have disappeared. Well, the lighting guy needs to get the colours right tho.

I'd say wait until 2020 to play the whole FTR album...

7. (__Joonas__)

Quite amazing the vocals were back then.

8. (__Joonas__)

9. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

And Alexi with Jackson guitars! He even used to dress ''metal'' back then, skinnier ripped jeans, some chains, his torn jeansvest etc.

RICJAMES likes this.
  10. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

I was talking about this with a friend that if Alexi loses his hair, will he wear fedoras with glued in hair extensions :D

But idk... People on this forum have been talking about Alexi going bald for ages but has anyone else noticed that now that he hasn't been drinking so much and has been paying more attention to his health in general, his hair looks thicker than it was earlier? I don't think he's gonna be cutting his hair short very soon.

11. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

I think that "balding" of Alexi is a misconception. Most people think it's just straight losing all hair.
    I've seen a pic of Alexis father, and he obviously will meet the same fate, sooner or later, he has
    an insane high forehead, same as Alexi. That IS going to happen. But i think without drinking slowed the process
    down a little bit, but it is inevitable ultimately.

12. (__Joonas__)

I think they're fine as they're now. It's better the composer of a band is what he really is and is only half evil, rather than pretending to be fully evil while having no dark experiences or mindset. Bodom is relatable. Tight black jeans are sweaty in hot environment. They looked cool, sure. Alexi bald would look punk as fuck. Imagine when he's 60, bald and still singing this shit live. I suppose these bands won't be rolling around touring that long. Sadly time goes on. Luckily some things change for the better too. Can't just cherrypick the good things of a certain period in life.

13. Стас Проклятый

Стас Проклятый Boss Russian Hate Crew

Tracklist:
    1. Hatebreeder
    2. Lake Bodom
    3. Black Widow
    4. Warheart
    5. Hate Me!
    6. Red Light In My Eyes, Pt. 2
    7. Downfall
    8. Everytime I Die
    9. Hate Crew Deathroll
    10. Bed Of Razors
    11. Children Of Bodom
    12. The Nail
    13. Bodom After Midnight
    14. Towards Dead End

14. (__Joonas__)

Um... finally after 18 years they play Hatebreeder, start a gig with it, the whole concert is filmed, the video starts in the middle of the song.

Mother of all screw ups.

Then again the mixing in this clip is horrible. You can mostly hear vocals and Alexi's guitar.

I can't understand also why the band stopped playing In the Shadows but still plays shit like HCDR. On a fucking SW tour. RLIME pt 2 is a shit song. Play Deadnight Warrior and In the Shadows instead please, or at least RLIME pt 1, it has one of the coolest riffs ever.

They added some pauses to Warheart.

The long time setlist songs feel locked in a comfortable groove in a different way to the 'try out' songs, maybe this mix has something to do with it...

The crowd is asleep, no-one is moving. This is supposed to be a death metal concert. Maybe it's the rain, and the fact nobody drinks anymore. Actually the crowd looks older, which explains being enchanted rather than going crazy.

54:00 - encore with The Nail, and an insanely amazing-looking stage with the gargoyles, blue lighting and sunken behind it the orange orbs and SW artwork. Nice to see a wild idea manifest into reality... It's also hard to believe they're playing Hatebreeder finally and starting with it.

I think I can sense somehow they're just doing this gig as a side-job whilst being mentally in album-writing mode.

#1034 (__Joonas__), Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  15. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Now I can die happily after seeing them playing The Nail. Easily one of my all-time favorite songs and the beginning of that encore was absolutely sick. They really gave the song the kind of treatment it deserved.

16. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

This video is the dream for all of Bodom's bassplayer fans. The bass is so fucking loud in the mix, first time I think I actually hear it haha.
    Otherwise, nice live.

17. Sany

Sany Member

Is it just me or is Alexi playin' sloopy as shit...?
    You can hear it so cleary on the leads on Lake Bodom, hes also palm muting much

18. drawnacrol

drawnacrol 7Slinger

^His playing is in that video is pathetic and extremely unprofessional to be honest. He's struggling with some of the most basic leads like the intro in Hate Me and just can't play the harder solos like Bodom After Midnight. Compare that with the earlier videos posted above and its night and day. Its clear he doesn't practice anymore and isn't really interested in being there.

Daniel's playing is tight though, he was a good addition and should have taken over most of the leads.

19. (__Joonas__)

This recording is loud bass.

20. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

Either he is really full of himself now like Roope suggested and convinces himself he's not sloppy or he just can't bare being off tour alone Alexi needs to tighten up his playing as no one live is there to hear his "vocals" which he only mumbles one or two audible words each sentence anyways so he should be concentrating on his playing. I have heard him play worse though :p The rest of the band sound great and it was a awesome setlist. Freyberg's actually been a great addition- as you said his playing is tight and he even goes the extra mile to add to songs live such as the harmony at the end of bed of razors which sounded awesome.

#1040 mrKRB64, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017