This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Locking tuners to replace stock LTD JH.R1 (H-1007FR) ?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Smallstep, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Smallstep

Smallstep Member

I guess the JH.R1 is the standard LTD tuner... it's on a H-1007 Deluxe with a FR.
    Generic tuner you see on many guitars, 4 parts pieced like these :
    [​IMG]

So I need a good locking tuner. The ratio doesn't matter cause I'm just gonna use them to speed up the string changes. Cut/lock in trem, pull/lock cut at the peg. I know it sounds weird, but I already install my string backwards by putting the ball-loop at the peg lol (you guys do that too ?).

Had experience with the Trimlok before (Sperzel) and while they were great, I had to enlarge the holes in the headstock and drill for their little stopper pin. Would prefer a direct fit this time.

Thanks boys

2. viralz

viralz Member

Hipshot locking tuners should do the trick. I much prefer them to the sperzels. They are pretty cheap and also lighter.

3. Megin

Megin Member

I had sperzel tuners on a guitar I sold a couple of years ago. Dont understand why the holes were/are still too small on their tuners. This days when so many play with different tunings and string gauges. I had to struggle just to get in the 52 string. Anyway Gotoh are pretty cheap too.

4. Smallstep

Smallstep Member

Yeah, I had to drill the post but I was able to fit a 0.070 after.

5. Smallstep

Smallstep Member

Well... I forgot about this post and just Googled for the same thing and this was the first result lol. Where to buy online in Canada ?