This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LORD and Dungeon tabs

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Arycama

Arycama Elitist Power Metal Poser

Hmm, spose I could give it a go, after I finish dinner.

2. Arycama

Im thinking the first one is something along these lines.

T
    S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
    ||------------------10h-14-17s-19s-17-14-10-------------|
    ||---------------12-------------------------12----------|
    ||------------11-------------------------------11-------|
    ||---------12-------------------------------------12----|
    ||--10h-14-------------------------------------------14-|
    ||------------------------------------------------------|

3. Sargeant Squidlips

Sargeant Squidlips Handsome Devil

Kinda on the right track, here she is.

Code:
                                     - Eternal Storm -
                               by LORD - Eb - pre outro lead 
                                   tabbed by Mark Furtner

Obviously this can be played however is most comfortable for you, but to maintain the 
    fluid quality of the lick, know that I didn't use my pick at all through this 
    passage. 

E----------------------10--14--15//19\15--14--10----------------------------------------------------------------------
    B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G------------11--12--16--------------------------16--12--11------------------11--12--16//19\16--12--11----------------
    D----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A--10--14--17----------------------------------------------17--14--10--14--17--------------------------17--14--10--14--
    E----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E--------------------10--12--14//17\14--12--10------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-----------9--11--14--------------------------14--11--9-----------------9--11--14//19\14--11--9----------------------
    D----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A--9--12--17--------------------------------------------17--12--9--12--17------------------------17--12--9--12---------
    E----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-------------------7--10--12//15\14--10--7---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-----------7--9--12------------------------12--9--7-----------------7--9--12//16\12--9--7----------------------------
    A--7--10--14----------------------------------------14--10--7--10--14----------------------14--10--7--10//-------------

E----------------------10--14--15//19\15--14--10----------------------------------------------------------------------
    G------------11--12--16--------------------------16--12--11------------------11--12--16//19\16--12--11----------------
    A//10--14--17----------------------------------------------17--14--10--14--17--------------------------17--14--10--14--

E--------------------10--12--14//17\14--12--10------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-----------9--11--14--------------------------14--11--9-----------------9--11--14//19\14--11--9----------------------
    A--9--12--17--------------------------------------------17--12--9--12--17------------------------17--12--9--12---------

E-------------------7--10--12//15\14--10--7---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-----------7--9--12------------------------12--9--7-----------------7--9--12//16\12--9--7--9~~~~~~-------------------
    A--7--10--14----------------------------------------14--10--7--10--14--------------------------------------------------

4. Arycama

Sounds awesome, and is very fun to play. Only thing I can't get is the big tap slides across 3-4 frets. I have to tap hard to get the note to sustain for the thing, and then I get lots of string noise. How do you mute when doing those parts?

5. Sargeant Squidlips

If you can't maintain quality sound through those slides then it comes down to either your technique or your gear, you really need quality pickups in a quality guitar to maintain sustain without busting your guts, you shouldn't have to hit very hard when you tap or hold very firm when you slide. (I suggest a DiMarzio equipped ESP) :p
    Muting, hmmm, I use a bit of my picking hand palm as I play up the strings and my left index finger when heading down and a combination of both.
    Ultimately Im not really concentrating on muting, more on playing it clean and smooth, that way there isn't much of a need to mute.

6. Arycama

Well I have a brand new Ibanez S Prestige, so its probably my technique, I should get it with a bit of work, then I will try and youtube it or something, along with the other lord stuff I know.

7. Sargeant Squidlips

Cool man, as you know it just comes down to time and effort, I enjoy having some fucked up technique thrown my way, there's ALWAYS something to master and incorporate into your playing, only a lesser player would think otherwise:)

8. Jammin_Jim

Jammin_Jim New Metal Member

A question for Tim about the song One Step Beyond:

In the intro riff, verse riff, and chorus riffs, are the hammer-on/pull-off esque bits low-high or high-low? Sorry to everyone if that is the most retarded thing to ever come from my fingers but my brain is a bit fried, long day XD. Ahat I mean is, for the intro, is it:

Code:
                                       PM PM PM PM PM PM  
           H.            E  E      Q    E  E  E  E  E  E   
    D#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    A#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    F#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    C#||--------------------4--|--L----------------------|
    G#||--------------------4--|--L----------------------|
    D#||--12s0-----------L--2--|--L----0--2--0--2--0--2--|

PM PM PM PM PM PM PM            PM PM PM PM PM PM    PM PM PM PM              
      E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     Q    E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
    --------------------------|-------------------------|--------------------------|
    --------------------------|-------------------------|--------------------------|
    -----------------------4--|--L----------------------|-----------------------4--|
    -----------------------4--|--L----------------------|--------------3--2--0--4--|
    --0--2--0--2--0--2--0--2--|--L----0--2--0--2--0--2--|--0--0--0--0-----------2--|
    Or is it:

Code:
                                       PM PM PM PM PM PM  
           H.            E  E     Q    E  E  E  E  E  E   
    D#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    A#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    F#||-----------------------|-------------------------|
    C#||--------------------4--|--L----------------------|
    G#||--------------------4--|--L----------------------|
    D#||--12s------------0--2--|--L----2--0--2--0--2--0--|

PM PM PM PM PM PM PM            PM PM PM PM PM PM    PM PM PM PM              
      E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     Q    E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
    -----------------------4--|--L----------------------|-----------------------4--|
    -----------------------4--|--L----------------------|--------------3--2--0--4--|
    --2--0--2--0--2--0--2--2--|--L----2--0--2--0--2--0--|--0--0--0--0-----------2--|

9. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

You're asking the wrong guy, I'm afraid! There's a reason I don't do tabs and that's because anything more than basic "this note on this fret" stuff makes my brain hurt! I can see the notes but the symbols you have in there are like "wat dat?" to me! :err:

I can't tell you what version is more correct other than that there's very few single note runs in that riff - most of it is whole muted chords. It'll take me less time to record a video of me explaining it than me describing it or explaining what I do, actually.

10. Arycama

Tabs are so simple once you start using guitar pro, heheh.

11. Lord Tim

I can't see the point of that myself, though. I'll hear something and more often than not, I'll be able to play it or at least understand how to play it even if my fingers can't keep up yet. (Not saying it's not a valid tool, but just not for me).

12. Jammin_Jim

I know that there are very few single note sections to that riff its just I got lazy...this little reply box is not the most friendly tablature typing area :lol: And if you find the time a video would be most excellent...the One Step Beyond music video is not at all the best frame of reference...

Guitar Pro is a gift from the music gods...I just haven't got it yet for this computer D:...

13. Jammin_Jim

So I recorded a (partial, up to the middle of the breakdown part thing...) cover of One Step Beyond and figured I would post it so I can be told how horribly wrong I recorded it :rolleyes:

I know the chorus overdubs are WAY off(and probably mixed too loud) but that is due to my good speakers being dead and listening to the song through laptop speakers...Also I didn;t recreate the solos, i did my own thing(feel free to bitch me out for that if ye wish)

I hath attached the .mp3 below or you can listen to it on my myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/jamminjimclark

Attached Files:

14. Lord Tim

Not bad! The thing that's probably most out (aside from the solos, obviously) is the accents in places. There's some parts where you're playing on the "1" instead of the anticipation, and there's the odd riff here and there that's not right, same as the melody behind the chorus being slightly out.

But having said all of that, if you ripped that off live even like this, this would be easily good enough to fool the average punter and you're probably playing it better than we've done some gigs anyway! HAHA!

Good work! :)

Bit of a tip for the solo: It's based around E Lydian / G# Minor, so learn your theory and that'll all fall into place fairly easily! :)

15. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

I love this thread!! The way you all help each other out, and answer everyone's questions. It really is awesome, and so helpful to musicians who are starting out.
    Even if, I actually have no bloody idea what you are all saying................bwahahahaha.

Seriously though, I don't think many band members would take the time, well done guys!

16. Arycama

For some reason I felt like making a guitar pro tab of Reborn, even though I need to sleep as I am recording solos tomorrow. I'll post it when it's done. So far I have up to the chorus tabbed out, guitars and drums :)

17. Lord Tim

Good luck! I assume you're doing what you can hear as the main guitar line on there - there's actually 4 guitars playing even the main melody (harmonised), so it might get fairly confusing to pick out the part you're tabbing!

18. Arycama

I think I have the main melody figured out. First two bars you have one guitar, then an octave higher, then the 2 bars after that, there's an additional guitar doing the same root notes, but the melody is a 5th higher, that repeats twice, then its the same but there's an additional guitar doing 2 octaves higher then the basic rhythm.

See if this mp3 is anywhere near correct. Ignore the horrid guitar tone and playing, my amp is currently elsewhere. (It's Reapers default distortion and amp model plugins :p)

Attached Files:

• rb.mp3
      File size:
      335.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Arycama

Hell yeah, I can play all of Eternal Storm now, including the intro leads and the taping sliding outro that Mark tabbed. Only thing I need to do is work out the solos, then I will upload a video. :)

Also just to check, are these runs in the verse correct? (This is the lower guitar)

Code:
    ----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
    --------------6-----6-7---6-7-9-6-|----------------7------7-9----7-9-10-7-|
    --5-7-8-5-7-8---7-8-----8---------|--7-8-11-7-8-11---8-11-----11----------|

20. Arycama

I manged to figure out some of the solos, but I just can not figure out how you are supposed to play the tapping one. =/ Its kinda hard to hear all the notes as its so fast... heres what I have.. I tried to find a pattern within the lick, but its just mindboggling.
    Code:
    ---------------------12--15-17--15--12---------------------------12--15-|
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    ------------9--12-14-------------------19--17--14--12--14--17-19--------|
    --10--12-15-------------------------------------------------------------|

--17--15-17--20--17--15--12---------------------------------------------------20|
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------17---|
    ----------------------------19--17--14--12-------------------12--14--17-19------|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    -------------------------------------------19--17--15--17-19--------------------|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

--22--20--17--15--------------17-20--24--20-17----------------------------------|
    -----------------17--14-19-21------------------21--19--17--14-------------------|
    --------------------------------------------------------------22--19--15--19-22-|

------------------------------------------------|
    --19-21--19--17--14-----------------------------|
    --------------------19--15--17-19--15-----------|
    It's all played legato with hammerons, pulloffs and lots of tap sliding I believe.

Hey Mark, any chance of you correcting the bits I messed up?