This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Love of Live (part två)

Discussion in 'Vintersorg' started by Defiance, May 3, 2009.

1. Defiance

Defiance I vårens ljusa kvällar

The Watchtower on the Moon. (Or, Sendai, Japan.)
    Hi everyone! Since the old "love of live" thread is (apparently) pretty much dead, we might as well have a new one. Let's start with Naglfar.

Enjoy! :kickass:

2. tobz

tobz is where its at

Fuckin' aye, just got confirmation that I'm going to Sweden Rock Fetival (all four days) yesterday. I'm also going to the Crüe Fest in Copenhagen on Sunday. Not that I'm a big Mötley Crüe fan, but I bet they are good live so I'm looking forward to it anyway.
    Anyone else going to any of these?

3. Draugen

Draugen I I I

For the first time in many years, I'm not attending SRF. The price is too expensive and there's not a whole lot of bands I want to see. I might attend one day though, but mainly for the party :kickass:

4. tobz

tobz is where its at

Yeah, I agree it is too pricey, but I haven't been there for many years, and the site I write for is covering the festival so... We have to pay for our own tickets, but is still a good excuse for going.

Hope for Wacken, Metalcamp and Brutal Assault as well, but we'll have to wait and see...

5. Naglfar

Naglfar As Naglfar devours us all

The United States of Canada (not Jesusland)
    Good call. Summertime = concert time. Live thread is sexy!

6. Agah

Agah Abide

I'm heading for Wacken this summer. For me the line-up is great this year, since it leaves a lot of time for drinking and talking to metalheads from around the world :D . And they have Borknagar, which is worth buying a ticket for in itself.

7. Draugen

Draugen I I I

Agreed, lots of bands that I would like to see, but time and money is always a factor. But didn't it sell out REALLY quick this year?

8. Svarthjärtad

Svarthjärtad Iskungen

Wacken would be great. Borknagar would be a great reason to buy a ticket alone. That is, if you can afford it.
    Doro, Running Wild, Saxon, and Einherjar would be the other great benefits (for me). I saw Doro and Saxon quite a bit and still love it 'til this day. Borknagar, I never saw - but I would love to.
    This Sunday, I'm going to see Queensryche. I hear they put on a really great show. Plus, their music is amazing!

9. Thidrek

Thidrek Dichter (und) Denker

Wacken was sold out for two times in 2008 :p

10. Svarthjärtad

Svarthjärtad Iskungen

My friend Martin, he plays in a band called Hellennium from Uddevalla.
    He is playing Wacken. Not the real gig, but he said something about the Monday after the big gig. THere is a one-day show that is little after the Wacken? I never knew this(because I never went), but this is what he says.
    GOOD BAND THOUGH! They are one of the greatest Power Metal bands known to man. Better than Manowar. They played with Sabaton a few months ago.

11. tobz

tobz is where its at

Strange, I've been to Wacken for 7-8 years, but I've never heard about this event either... Know someplace where I can find more info about it?:confused:

Oh, and I think Joey DeMaio would slice you up into itsy-bitsy pieces for that remark; Manowar are TRUE metal!:devil:

12. Draugen

Draugen I I I

If anyone's interested (tobz perhaps?) I saw Dia Psalma yesterday. The show was alright, although nothing special, but the sound wasn't very good. The setlist was OK, although IMO there were too much focus on the newer material.

13. johan68

johan68 Member

Two killer shows for me next week. Exodus / Warbringer / Kreator on Monday and then Jon Oliva's Pain on Friday. Psyched as a bitch for the Kreator gig. New album is a monster...

14. Allfader

Allfader Kvelding

Past thursday Amon Amarth was here. The ticket was too way expensive for just one band (around 26 euro, anyway I didn't pay it but still it was way expensive).

The show was solid and the setlist was more focused on the last 3 albums (edit: on the latest 2, just a couple of old songs). The sound was ok, but the last songs sound too way similar among each other (or not memorable at all? maybe both??) so just at the end the show was somehow interesting. I can't say it was fuckin awesome, just ok.

I sadly missed the Heaven and Hell gig. I just received comments from friends about the awesomeness of it.

Next month comes Hate Eternal + Vital Remains and I'll buy the ticket this week. Sad thing that Suzuki is not anymore on the band but still the show must be at least decent with the new axeman, who lacks ANY stage presence but plays the lead guitar flawlessly (I saw Suzuki live with Deicide, at least that show was incredible :p).

15. tobz

tobz is where its at

Funny, that's exactly what I felt after the Malmö and Kristianstad gigs. That was the only thing convincing me it was ok not to go the Karlshamn one. They most definitely need to change that setlist up a bit. Except for the songs from the new album they have played this setlist for, what, three years now? I love Dia Dsalma, will probably do so until I die, but I wouldn't mind hearing some other tracks live once in a while...

BTW, did they play I Fädrens Spår? It was on the original setlist for both of "my" gigs, but both times it had been changed to one of the new ones...

16. Defiance

Defiance I vårens ljusa kvällar

The Watchtower on the Moon. (Or, Sendai, Japan.)
    Amon Amarth will be here next Saturday, I'm not too excited about it but oh well, I'm still going. Do you happen to have the setlist?

Y que mierda que no pudieras ir al de Heaven and Hell :(, yo moriría de felicidad si ellos vinieran acá.

I've been listening to some Dia Psalma, I like them a lot they're quite good. Sorry to hear that the recent gigs were only satisfactory :( .

17. Svarthjärtad

Svarthjärtad Iskungen

AHH!!!
    There is a band from my city. They are on that tour, called Inside Out.
    I am friends with Tim. Great guy! We use to take guitar lessons ftogether from Nick Catenese of Black Label Society.
    I don't know if they will be in your city, because they are comming back home soon. I saw that gig twice already. You're in for one hell of a treat!

I hope Jon Oliva's Pain is good for you!

TOBZ....
    Hehe. They are good, but I think Hellennium are better. No offense to Joey, of course! I still think he should be president of the world... someday. And followed by Blackie Lawless(wasp) as vice president. Hehe.

18. Svarthjärtad

Svarthjärtad Iskungen

Oh, and by the way... I just got back from the Queensryche gig. FUCKIN' KILLER!
    Talk about putting a lot of energy into a show... THIS was awesome.
    I'm stoked for Crue Fest. Mayhem Fest, SLAYER is playing! I never saw them.
    I saw Tyr last month, great show! The Amon Amarth show I didn't go to . I don't like them. I don't find them very "viking metal". The songtexts might be, but the music reminds me of Lamb of God meets Arch Enemy and who in the hell wants that? My opionion though, don't hate me! :S

19. Draugen

Draugen I I I

If I remember correctly, they didn't play it. But they did play "Vi Svartnar" which is one of my favourites and I was really surprised that they did it.

20. johan68

johan68 Member

Will let you know if Inside Out plays tonight.
    I'll be at the Queensryche gig next Friday. Glad to hear they were good, last couple of times I've seen them they have been so so.

Jon Oliva is always awesome on his "home court". Usually brings out some guests on stage and that. Las time I saw him it was basically Savatage on stage. Great stuff.