This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Low crowds for recent metal tours...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by labrekk, Oct 12, 2011.

1. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

As I thought. I know there are other factors involved, but Dragonforce played for a near sell-out crowd in NYC last week.

I know, both bands are in a completely different point in their careers, but it's still not bad for "the same crowd." The venue cap is 600 or 700 if I'm not wrong. Still good compared to some recent draws...

2. DuchessOfDork

DuchessOfDork Member

I know I'm a youngun on the scene, because my first real metal show was a Dragonforce show. >_> It was a sold-out show at the 9:30 club in DC. As far as Powerglove is concerned, I've done shows where fans have come just to see Powerglove. I think a show with those two would easily sell out. Nerd metal is pretty big, these days.

And I say that as a proud nerd, sirs and madams.

3. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Yeap. :lol:

As far as I know, the support band for the Dragonforce one-off in NYC was Powerglove.

It has grown and it has an audience. That being said, you never know how long it will last.

4. DuchessOfDork

DuchessOfDork Member

This is true. The audience might have peaked. There's only so many video game and cartoon theme songs one can cover!