This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maiden in Oz 2008 (It's Official )

Discussion in 'LORD' started by black_tooth_grin, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Oh right. I'm in the fan club (online one), but obviously I didn't win!

2. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

Afew weeks before the show you had to send your phone number along with which shows we were going to, from there they would randomly select people from the online club.

They'll do it again next year, so I reckon you'll have a good chance. I could have won, but I entered on the day the competition closed. lol!

3. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Oh I see. That'll teach me not to visit the forum for a while! I'll have to try next year.

Some of the people on stage looked a bit silly; must have felt rather self-conscious!

4. Korensky

Korensky Go forth and DIE!

Most of us are belting out "WOAH OH OH" as loud as we can so it's kinda hard not to look a bit silly when it's preserved in time (FOR ALLLL TO SEEEEE!) :)

5. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

I noticed they had two extra security guards on stage for the 2nd Heaven Can Wait in Sydney after the first night got a bit out of control :p

6. black_tooth_grin

Haha!! Crazy, all we had in Melbourne was Lauren Harris and Steve's Bass tech to protect him. Everyone behaved though which was good.

In India they only had 8 people on stage, I dont think they had security.

7. ImprintedLife

ImprintedLife Arriving Somewhere.....

Really good pics there Anwar!

8. black_tooth_grin

Thanks. :)

I'm really liking my new camera.

9. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

10. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Apparently, my brother-in-law has a present for me. It's a tour shirt signed by Maiden plus all the support bands since the Brisbane concert (yes, the shirt is still on tour I'm told) plus guitar picks from Adrian Smith. My brother-in-law, besides being the black sheep in our family has been in the security industry for a long time and had free backstage passes to the Brisbane concert, plus had the privilage of listening to Maiden perform in an empty arena not to mention drinking with the band etc. So I get the items, on the condition that if they are ever sold he gets half. Now, I hate to be a cynic, but I'll believe it when I am holding this stuff in my sweaty little hands. I'll post you all some pictures if this happens to come to pass- and promptly frame the shirt. Guess I might pick up a complete set of CDs to frame it all with, along with the items from the Maiden boxed set I got a few years ago.

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Wow. That's awesome.

12. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Yes, considering I picked up a bass pick from Lauren Harris' basist (it very conveniently landed on the shoulder of the guy standing next to me).... I think I did ok! The bass pick is not a custom printed one, just a generic branded pick. I'd like to frame the picture disks but I think they'll just bee too hard/expensive to get these days. I've seen them in Utopia and a full set is just going to be ludicrous!