This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Martin Henriksson leaves Dark Tranquillity

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by Drahcir, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Drahcir

Drahcir Member

https://www.facebook.com/dtofficial....6841740747/10153583709215748/?type=3&theater

I was waiting for them to say it was an April Fool's joke but it doesn't appear to be the case.

It's a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing him live again. Honestly his guitar work with Niklas Sundin is probably my favorite out of any band. Plus he had the some of the best dreadlocks I've ever seen.

Now I wonder who DT will choose to replace him on the upcoming tour and in the band. He was one of their primary songwriters so this is a major loss. At least we get to hear him one last time on the new album.

I'm still holding out for DT to reveal it was an April Fool's joke but if not then this is a bummer.

2. La Rocque

La Rocque I am that I am

All things must pass -

:(

3. AllShallFall

AllShallFall Senior Member

4. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

well, fuck. Best of luck to him and to a killer new album from DT.

5. anita_job

anita_job Member

Since his heart wasn't in it anymore, I'm glad he's leaving the band. I wonder how many other musicians in solid, established bands would have to integrity to do this?

Since Johansson left the band Henriksson's influence on the songwriting has been pretty overwhelming so we may get a new phase of DT's evolution out of this. :)

6. Qth

Qth DisMember

This scares me. :worried:

7. requiem

requiem I bleed sir, but not killed

A new phase in their songwriting might not be such a bad idea, providing they don't go any further in to modern electronics....

I know I'm really late here, but it's sad when a member of a band leaves after so many years. I've been into DT since 1995 so what's that, 21 years!

anita_job likes this.
  8. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

Have you heard Atoma yet? Really great album. I wouldn't worry about their songwriting.

9. requiem

requiem I bleed sir, but not killed

I have and I guess I thought they made it before he left. Yes, it's awesome and definitely to their current songwriting blueprint from the last few years at least.